Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2009-05-06, 12:47 PM
Regular User

[QUOTE=Lauren & Pete;94195]It's nice to meet you NewDiva! Glad to hear that you and your friend are laid back, young ppl like us. From what I've gathered on the forum it's a lot of younger first time buyers. Looking forward to seeing what the neighbourhood mix is like.

WCN welcome to you too! and congrats on your purchase!

I was down at our lots on Messor Cres. the other day. I was talking to a lady who lives right at the corner (across from where the park will be) and she said they've been blasting our lots! Yay!!! I've never been so happy for dynamite. lol She said they are working in that area Monday to Friday, 12 hour days. That's what I like to hear! I took some pics, but am having trouble getting them uploaded. I'll keep trying though.

I asked the lady if I was the only person who comes to take pictures of a pile of dirt. She assured me I was not alone. [/QUOTE

Hey, just thought I would let you know that I am the lady you talked to. They are definately working hard on your area, lots of action. You guys will see change every week when you come to take pictures!!! I am sure I will be seeing lots of you guys....

Jen and Shel
100 Par-la-ville Circle
Old 2009-05-06, 01:18 PM
Regular User

Hi Jen! a.k.a. "Lady" lol

Glad to hear that lots is going on. I'll be sure to say hi next time I see ya!

-Lauren
Old 2009-05-06, 07:13 PM
Regular User

Howdy Neighbours!!

I am SO excited! I totally didn't expect them to do anything until the fall so this is a very nice surprise. Unfortunately, I'm overseas at the moment and can't take pictures so please take lots for me!! Jen, I'm sure you're going to be seeing a LOT of me in the coming weeks! I'll be the one with the camera jumping up and down! lol..
Old 2009-05-06, 09:42 PM
Regular User

My wife and I are getting excited also, they are closing Maple Grove next week for a couple of months. They are starting to extend the city services onto our lot. (Lot 122) Unfortunately alot of disruption for people currently living in Fairwinds. But I'm glad we can actually see something going on besides staring at an empty feild. I was told they'd be putting in our foundation in August. Can't wait.
Old 2009-05-06, 09:51 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCN View Post
My wife and I are getting excited also, they are closing Maple Grove next week for a couple of months. They are starting to extend the city services onto our lot. (Lot 122) Unfortunately alot of disruption for people currently living in Fairwinds. But I'm glad we can actually see something going on besides staring at an empty feild. I was told they'd be putting in our foundation in August. Can't wait.
WCN - we're just down the road from you...154-1. we're excited too! our 2nd design appointment is next month.
Old 2009-05-06, 10:12 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike83 View Post
WCN - we're just down the road from you...154-1. we're excited too! our 2nd design appointment is next month.
Hello neighbor, your on the end of our block I see. We are still waiting for our first design appointment. How did your first appointment go? Any advice?
Old 2009-05-06, 10:18 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCN View Post
Hello neighbor, your on the end of our block I see. We are still waiting for our first design appointment. How did your first appointment go? Any advice?
It went well - if you have your appointment in kanata, the design centre is really nice (the one in barrhaven is nice too - we went to the open house one sunday). You go over all of the structural changes/upgrades u want to make, plus locations of lights/outlets/etc. It's really fun. Our DC consultant was really honest and told us to wait until we close and do some upgrades ourselves to save money. The only tip I have is to budget for both appointments before you go to the first one...that way you know how much u can afford (i.e. we didn't put extra potlights at the first appointment because we want hardwood flooring at the 2nd appointment).

The 2nd appointment is supposed to be more fun...you pick your flooring, cabinets, countertops, colours.

I was surprised we had/have our appointments so early - maybe that's good news for our block?
Old 2009-05-07, 01:44 PM
Regular User

Default So Early??

I was surprised that you went for your design centre appts so early!! You're supposed to close only about 3 months before me and I haven't heard anything yet. Does that mean that we should be expecting our appts soon too?? Does anyone know how far in advance they usually give you your first appt? I would be really excited to have mine sooner rather than later. Does anyone know if there's a different process at all for the Village home people? I sound like a babbling idiot but this is finally starting to feel real now!!

Last edited by NewDivaHomeowner; 2009-09-18 at 12:25 PM.
Old 2009-05-07, 02:04 PM
Regular User

I'm in lot 4-1. Mulberry. We close in Feb 2010.
Old 2009-05-07, 07:15 PM
Regular User

Haha. NewDiva you sound just like me!

Have you been out to the design centre yet on the weekends?

We went a few weeks ago, pretty overwhelming at first, but we went back again after we had time to think about things. We took lots of pictures too. There are a lot of things to look at, so I'd suggest you take a trip (or two or three) out there before your appointments so that you have an idea of what you like.

I agree with you, it is starting to feel more real now! I can't wait to go back to our lots this weekend and take more pictures!