Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > General > Home Owner Tips, Upgrades and Maintenance

Home Owner Tips, Upgrades and Maintenance General information on what to do with your new home. Garden, yard, driveway, basement finishing, and everything in between.

Old 2014-02-18, 11:48 AM
Regular User

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmhassa2 View Post
When we dealt with Medallion + Frendel I believe they would not even give us a quote until 6 months AFTER taking possession.
We were told the same thing from the kitchen company. I guess we just have to take some risk and wait, hopefully doing it after closing will be cheaper.
Old 2014-02-20, 08:48 AM
Regular User

Just a heads up, if you haven't already, you might want to read the reviews people have posted on the web. I don't know if they're true, but it doesn't sound like they're easy to deal with if you're not a builder.
With our last home, we had to deal with a supplier after closing for a very minor issue (it wasn't Frendel) but by the end, I would have paid $5,000 just to have someone come in once, do it properly, leave and never come back. It was a problem with getting two doors to match and the glass inserts... they sent someone out (literally!!) at least 25 times to come look at it and tell me they had to order something. EVERY time they showed up they didn't have what they needed (obviously) and the next guy to come out didn't know what the last guy looked at and had to reorder whatever the $@#& the last guy was supposed to have ordered LOL ...then when we finally got a part that someone had managed to order, it didn't match the other one and I had to argue that it was supposed to match.