Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > York Region > Markham / Thornhill / Vaughan

Markham / Thornhill / Vaughan Arista, Aspen Ridge, Avant, Ballantry, BurOak, Sierra Homes, CastleSquare, H&R, Lakeview, Cathedraltown, Mattamy, Country Wide, Starlane, Esquire Homes, Fieldgate, Forest Hill, Royal Park Homes, Great West, Greenpark, Kylemore, Remington Homes, Silver Valley, Laurier, Madison, Monarch, Liberty, Rosehaven, Sky Homes, Touchstone, Kylemore

Old 2014-12-21, 02:23 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinux23 View Post
Thanks inewbuyer.

I was doing research on the materials used in the engineered floor. I am checking with the builder to see what kind of materials is used in the engineered floor and how thick is the top layer. I am considering moving the engineered floor from main floor to basement, then I'll get 3rd party contractor to finish off the rest of floors in one shot. It's pretty expensive even with 3rd party contractor. To finish a house like that, I am looking at 20K.
Here's the model builder uses, Satin Finish, Generation, Studio series..It has 4 mm Sawn Wear Layer according to the website..

http://www.satinfinish.com/index.php...s/generations/
Old 2014-12-21, 02:34 PM
Regular User

That looks very good. They also have a good environment policy, no added formaldehyde. As I was doing research, I came across some really nasty ones with poor quality adhesives. But if builder used this one, i might not worry too much right now (saves 20K ). Looks like a pretty good engineered wood.
Old 2014-12-21, 05:11 PM
Regular User

Anybody here raised basement height to 8'2''? I am wondering if spending that 10k would be worth it considering resale in couple years later? To me, I am not really a big fan of basement entertainment or living. But given the choice of do it now with 10k or never, it's a hard question to answer. I am wondering what you guys think. Would it be worth it to upgrade the basement height with 10k?
Old 2014-12-21, 06:10 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinux23 View Post
Anybody here raised basement height to 8'2''? I am wondering if spending that 10k would be worth it considering resale in couple years later? To me, I am not really a big fan of basement entertainment or living. But given the choice of do it now with 10k or never, it's a hard question to answer. I am wondering what you guys think. Would it be worth it to upgrade the basement height with 10k?
Hi chinux23, we did upgrade to the higher ceiling. This is only upgrade that I think worths the money. The standard height is too low with the duct on ceiling.
Old 2014-12-21, 10:48 PM
Regular User

Thanks inewbuyer! I am glad to hear that you think it worth the money. It was actually in our purchase agreement. I was debating whether I should ask builder to remove that from agreement to get the credit back to use else where. But I think i'll leave it there as it is.
Old 2015-02-04, 02:25 PM
Regular User

Default Springbrooke - Foyer Sq.ft

Residents of Springbrooke floor plan from Medallion in Valleybrooke, Can you provide approximate square footage of the foyer. Thanks in Advance.

http://www.newinhomes.com/ontario/va...ans-21498.html
Old 2015-03-06, 05:58 PM
Regular User

Default Bathroom waterproofing

Hi,

I am not sure if I worry too much or not. Does anyone know if Ontario building code would require builder to do waterproofing on the bathroom floors? As my understanding, the shower area has extensive waterproofing done, but not the floors. Does anyone has any issue with their bathroom floors?

I asked builder to see if they can do a flood test on bathroom floor before laying tiles, they said no. Is bathroom floor suppose to be waterproof? If not, what to deal with the excessive water comes out from shower (Other than hand cleaning it)?