Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > York Region > Markham / Thornhill / Vaughan

Markham / Thornhill / Vaughan Arista, Aspen Ridge, Avant, Ballantry, BurOak, Sierra Homes, CastleSquare, H&R, Lakeview, Cathedraltown, Mattamy, Country Wide, Starlane, Esquire Homes, Fieldgate, Forest Hill, Royal Park Homes, Great West, Greenpark, Kylemore, Remington Homes, Silver Valley, Laurier, Madison, Monarch, Liberty, Rosehaven, Sky Homes, Touchstone, Kylemore

Old 2013-12-31, 12:05 PM
Regular User

Looks like the deal is firm now this morning i noticed that they have cashed my deposit cheque i gave them with the offer
I guess the next step now is the decor appointment for structural upgrades
Old 2014-01-04, 11:56 AM
Regular User

Just wanted to share with Medallion Buyers that the kitchen company is called Raywal Kitchen and they have a showroom in Vaughan Mills (255 Bass Pro Mills Drive unit 802). You can go and browse all the kitchen models ( they have more models that the décor center has). And also you can ask the Raywal what upgrade can be done later ( things such as extending a pantry can be done later with a cheaper price ) .
Old 2014-01-04, 02:13 PM
Regular User

Good luck and have fun with your new home. Happy new year
Old 2014-01-05, 08:44 AM
Regular User

Thank you LB1
Old 2014-01-06, 03:41 PM
Regular User

Red face

I called decor center and they still do not have the lot we bought, so head office has not sent it yet. We wanted to go to decor center for browsing but they won't let us yet. And of course they wont give us any info regarding prices for upgrades.

We have 40k decor credit that we can use for upgrades, and i don't know what can we get with that amount. We want to do some upgrades in the kitchen and washrooms, upgrade tiles, and hardwood color.
Anybody who used the 40k here?
Old 2014-01-07, 03:55 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by summerwood View Post
I called decor center and they still do not have the lot we bought, so head office has not sent it yet. We wanted to go to decor center for browsing but they won't let us yet. And of course they wont give us any info regarding prices for upgrades.

We have 40k decor credit that we can use for upgrades, and i don't know what can we get with that amount. We want to do some upgrades in the kitchen and washrooms, upgrade tiles, and hardwood color.
Anybody who used the 40k here?
Hi Summerwood,

We bought our Medallion Rosewood model back in 2011. We didn't over spend at the decor Centre as we only had $15k credit. We ended up spending just shy of 20k there.

Here are some upgrades you may want to consider:

1. Upgrade the amp service to 200 from 100 amp. It should around $1000. But you will pro ably need it for running all of your appliances plus AC in summer.

2. Upgrade your kitchen counter top. The standard granite is very thin and color selection is horrible. You may want to upgrade the edging like bull nose as well.

3. Consider smooth ceiling for basement and 1st floor. That will ensure the bottom of your circular staircase has smooth ceiling as well. This will cost 1200 each floor I believe.

4. If you want built in ovens and countertop stove then it will be an upgrade.

5. In your MBR ensuite you may want to upgrade the glass shower. I think it was less than 3000.

6. Upgrade the spindle of your staircase to the metal ones. It looks much nicer than the wood spindles. You could think about staining the staircase to match your hardwood floor. The staining was about 6000 for the entire staircase. Upgrading the hardwood floor from 2.5 inch width and staining was a little expensive expensive for me. If I had the credit I would have upgraded to wider and darker planks.

7. 8 foot doors. IMO it makes such as a different when the ceiling height is 12 foot. Each interior door is about 350 each. The exterior door cost around $ 1200 I think.

8. Tile upgrade for foyer and kitchen would be nice.

I think that's about it. Thanks.
Old 2014-01-07, 05:45 PM
Regular User

I got the structural appointment date, and they also sent us the list of structural upgrades prices. Do these prices include HST?
Old 2014-01-07, 06:00 PM
Regular User

Quote:
I got the structural appointment date, and they also sent us the list of structural upgrades prices. Do these prices include HST?
The price doesn't include HST
Old 2014-01-07, 06:25 PM
Regular User

So If we have 40K credit to be used at décor, for every upgrade they will add the HST amount and subtract it from 40K?
Old 2014-01-07, 06:42 PM
Regular User

Quote:

So If we have 40K credit to be used at décor, for every upgrade they will add the HST amount and subtract it from 40K?
Yes, summerwood. That's how i understand it. btw, have you decided what upgrades to chose yet?