Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > General > Home Owner Tips, Upgrades and Maintenance

Home Owner Tips, Upgrades and Maintenance General information on what to do with your new home. Garden, yard, driveway, basement finishing, and everything in between.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2014-04-21, 03:09 PM
Regular User

Default thin granite

our builder (mattamy) is offering granite counter top As a promotional offer. But then we find out that the standard offering is the special edition 3/4 '' granite. To upgrade to level 1 granite 1 1/4'' granite is 1800$ for kitchen and island. Any Opinions whether is it worth it to upgrade? I am mostly concerned that if I resell will the thinner granite drag down the value of the house as I already spend over 6k on kitchen upgrade? Also, anybody have any picture of how the thin granite looks like in the kitchen?