Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2014-10-10, 05:52 PM
Regular User

Default Snow Removal Service - Barrhaven

I'm looking for some guidance on snow removal services in Barrhaven.

Wondering what the going rate is for a townhome single car driveway?

I'm waiting to hear back on a quote from one company but thought I'd ask around.

Thanks.

Old 2014-10-17, 02:07 PM
Regular User

Have a look at the Snow Removal FC thread before you sign anything!!!....my snow removal nightmare/ damaged driveway. Buyer Beware!!! I think the company I had used, Kluke's Snowblowing (Roofing), is branching out your way now that the bridge is open...DON"T USE THEM!!!!!

oh...and the going rate is 300-400$$

Old 2014-10-17, 08:38 PM
Regular User

You can call Pierce Hill Farms for quotes. My neighbours and friends in Barrhaven used them last year and will use them again this year because they were satisfied with the service and rates.
Old 2014-12-05, 08:48 AM
Regular User

So I've been searching around for rates here are just two that I compared:

http://www.appleseedsnow.com/

Price from Appleseed for a single car laneway is $327 I believe with an overage fee if the snow exceeds 250cms.

http://piercehillfarms.ca/

Price from Piece Hill Famrs for a single car laneway is $323 but they offered to give me a rate of $225 if my neighbour was willing to do it as well they have NO overage fee.

I think Appleseed seems to be the most popular in Barrhaven there are at least 7-8 on my street that use them so my first thought was to see if they would match the same price but I have my doubts.

I haven't seen many reviews on Pierce Hill Farms except for a few posts on this forum with good feedback if anyone else has used them or has any stories on them please share.

Old 2014-12-06, 09:40 AM
Regular User

Stoneworks also seems to be a popular service, a few folks on my street are using them again this year after getting good service last year.
Old 2014-12-08, 12:06 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by S and H View Post
Stoneworks also seems to be a popular service, a few folks on my street are using them again this year after getting good service last year.
We used them last year along with our neighbors on each side. We are all using them again this year (I guess this says something). They were very good, always showed up early in the morning and came back later for a second run after the plow had been by. They showed up every time we got 5 cm or more. Judging from the pricing above they are very competitive. No overage fees in their contract.

I know the owner lives not far away though so they may be more local to Stonebridge, not sure though.
Old 2014-12-08, 01:13 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerapau View Post
We used them last year along with our neighbors on each side. We are all using them again this year (I guess this says something). They were very good, always showed up early in the morning and came back later for a second run after the plow had been by. They showed up every time we got 5 cm or more. Judging from the pricing above they are very competitive. No overage fees in their contract.

I know the owner lives not far away though so they may be more local to Stonebridge, not sure though.
I just sent them an email looking for more information. World of mouth goes a long way!
Old 2014-12-08, 06:24 PM
Regular User

I signed up with Stoneworks this year. My neighbours have been using them for years and are very happy with the service. From what I've seen last winter, they were always on time. Compared to other companies I looked into, their rate is excellent. And they live close by and are focussed on Stonebridge so smaller operation.
Old 2014-12-09, 07:34 PM
Regular User

Although Appleseed has many clients on my street I decided to go with Pierce Hill Farms since my neighbour also got their service price was $226 until April 15th with no cap.

Old 2014-12-10, 12:08 PM
Regular User

Does anyone have the number for Stoneworks? It seems the one I contacted (and the first up on Google) was Kanata Stoneworks and they obviously don't operate in Barrhaven.