Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2020-08-03, 05:26 PM
Regular User

No Kenson model home anymore? They sold it?

We are building a Kenson Alternate. Added the porch extension, tinted window frame inside, deleted linen closet to make the loft bigger, reduced the laundry space, changed the ensuite to add a door for the toilet, moved the basement windows, increased the basement window size (which could be a standard now).
HN is pretty good with changes and doesnt charge like other builders for every change
Good luck.
Old 2020-08-04, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feeling_lucky View Post
No Kenson model home anymore? They sold it?

We are building a Kenson Alternate. Added the porch extension, tinted window frame inside, deleted linen closet to make the loft bigger, reduced the laundry space, changed the ensuite to add a door for the toilet, moved the basement windows, increased the basement window size (which could be a standard now).
HN is pretty good with changes and doesnt charge like other builders for every change
Good luck.
Thanks for sharing your upgrades. Yes, I believe they sold the Kenson model home.
Old 2020-08-04, 02:55 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmalc View Post
Thanks for sharing your upgrades. Yes, I believe they sold the Kenson model home.
Ah. That's a bummer. If you need to visit one send me a private message, and we can arrange something

Did you buy one in CG or RSS?
Old 2020-08-04, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feeling_lucky View Post
Ah. That's a bummer. If you need to visit one send me a private message, and we can arrange something

Did you buy one in CG or RSS?
We bought in CG. Thanks I'll PM you!
Old 2020-11-18, 10:10 AM

Default Kenson Kitchen

Hi everyone Iím wondering if anyone can help answer this for me. I bought a kenson and I really want a wall oven in the kitchen. Iím just unsure how that will work out with the kitchen set up.

Has anyone done this? Where was it put and how much did it cost? Also, I know a white kitchen is not standard has anyone done it and what was the cost to upgrade?

Thanks.
Old 2020-11-18, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayjay View Post
Hi everyone Iím wondering if anyone can help answer this for me. I bought a kenson and I really want a wall oven in the kitchen. Iím just unsure how that will work out with the kitchen set up.

Has anyone done this? Where was it put and how much did it cost? Also, I know a white kitchen is not standard has anyone done it and what was the cost to upgrade?

Thanks.
Hey congrats! We were told that a wall oven at eye level cannot be done. But you can have a built-in stove under the cooktop at the original location.
Old 2020-11-20, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Hey congrats! We were told that a wall oven at eye level cannot be done. But you can have a built-in stove under the cooktop at the original location.

Thank you so much. Was that reasonable priced to do interms of cabinetry configuration?

Any other kitchen upgrades you would recommend?
Old 2020-11-20, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Thank you so much. Was that reasonable priced to do interms of cabinetry configuration?

Any other kitchen upgrades you would recommend?
We did not have our design center appointment yet so I won't be able to help you with prices for cabinets. But this is what I have been told for a Kenson

For a bulkhead on top of kitchen cabinets the cost would be around $700 Ė but can be changed/deleted once you meet with Deslauriers. I believe you have to let them know when you submit your structural upgrades.

Gas line for stove - $730 plus HST

Waterfall using standard selections would be roughly $2000 each side Ė this is very approximate
Old 2020-11-20, 11:31 AM

Quote:
We did not have our design center appointment yet so I won't be able to help you with prices for cabinets. But this is what I have been told for a Kenson

For a bulkhead on top of kitchen cabinets the cost would be around $700 Ė but can be changed/deleted once you meet with Deslauriers. I believe you have to let them know when you submit your structural upgrades.

Gas line for stove - $730 plus HST

Waterfall using standard selections would be roughly $2000 each side Ė this is very approximate

Thanks for the feedback. All those things you listed are things Iím interested in doing.

I just signed off on structural but I was told (before I signed the structural) that I can add the bulkhead at the kitchen design stage. Iíll be really disappointed if Iím told otherwise later.

Iím lot 208, closing December 2021. Whatís yours?
Old 2020-11-20, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the feedback. All those things you listed are things Iím interested in doing.

I just signed off on structural but I was told (before I signed the structural) that I can add the bulkhead at the kitchen design stage. Iíll be really disappointed if Iím told otherwise later.

Iím lot 208, closing December 2021. Whatís yours?
We are lot 206 and will be closing Dec 2021 as well!