Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2020-10-19, 12:19 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeDream View Post
Congratulation for your new home? What is your model? we got Parkside

Where did you do the countertop? we did all bathrooms and kitchen except the kitchen Island we wanted to do waterfall but it was extremely expansive with Mattamy? other than that we did everything with them?
Parkside is a very nice model. Congratulations. So you have already visited the design centre? The open house is cancelled due to the new peak of COVID, so I did not have chance to see yet. You did everything on their list? I imagine that would be a lot.
Old 2020-10-19, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
Thank you for your information and advices. Appreciate your help. I am a first-time new home buyer, so my questions may sound naive to you. I will be on the other side of the pond, and the closing date will be the end of August 2021. I know yours is Westlynn. Mine will be a Walnut.

I didn't get what would be double-sinks. Also what do you mean by "insulation"? Should we have enhanced insulation? Where? I heard that the second-floor laundry could be very loud and may shake the house. Is it true?
Double sink in the master bedroom if you are not upgrading to ensuite.
Insutlation is very useful between rooms and laundry. Yes the house will shake a little bit when trying, not the full house, you will feel the shake, which is normal. .

also Good idea to insulate the poweder room. I insultaed the garage as well and the garage door, worth it, it will keep the garage a warmer and the room above the garage wont be that cold in winter
Old 2020-10-19, 12:44 PM
Regular User

Smile

Quote:
Parkside is a very nice model. Congratulations. So you have already visited the design centre? The open house is cancelled due to the new peak of COVID, so I did not have chance to see yet. You did everything on their list? I imagine that would be a lot.

Thanks
Yes we done with the design center 3 months ago. It was overwhelming but the good thing we got prepared before the appointment.
Oh no of course not. that will be a lot I mean we did all what you mentioned in your must done with the builder list. except the extra insulation the lady at the design center said It's not gonna make that different. I don't know if this is somthing we gonna regret later.
Old 2020-10-19, 03:53 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Thanks
Yes we done with the design center 3 months ago. It was overwhelming but the good thing we got prepared before the appointment.
Oh no of course not. that will be a lot I mean we did all what you mentioned in your must done with the builder list. except the extra insulation the lady at the design center said It's not gonna make that different. I don't know if this is somthing we gonna regret later.
I like the open concept of Parkside. Will you also be on the north side of the Pond? Or the north side of the park? When will you close? What kind of countertop do you choose? I hope more owners come to connect since we will be neighbors soon and may see each other on a daily basis.
Old 2020-10-19, 04:16 PM
Regular User

Quote:
I like the open concept of Parkside. Will you also be on the north side of the Pond? Or the north side of the park? When will you close? What kind of countertop do you choose? I hope more owners come to connect since we will be neighbors soon and may see each other on a daily basis.
Hi neighbor,
Unfortunately we are not facing the park or the pound but we are too close to the park few steps only North side of the park. there is one home between us and the park. At the time we came to buy, there was no premium lots, and you know with the high demand we had to make our decision with what is available.

We closing next March

We had our design center appointment 3 months ago. they give us 3 hours only which is not enough I thought it will be but it's not. You need to be ready and knows what you want before the appointment. we choose the quartz for kitchen and between quartz and granite for bathrooms.

We are very exited to move and get to know our neighbors.

feel free to ask if you have any question about the design center.

Good Luck
Old 2020-10-19, 06:21 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Hi neighbor,
Unfortunately we are not facing the park or the pound but we are too close to the park few steps only North side of the park. there is one home between us and the park. At the time we came to buy, there was no premium lots, and you know with the high demand we had to make our decision with what is available.

We closing next March

We had our design center appointment 3 months ago. they give us 3 hours only which is not enough I thought it will be but it's not. You need to be ready and knows what you want before the appointment. we choose the quartz for kitchen and between quartz and granite for bathrooms.

Good Luck
Oh, you got the best value, being so close to the park without a premium.

Thanks for the nice offer about the design center. I will think about the information I got here and will consult you later.
Old 2020-10-28, 11:33 AM
Regular User

Default Hardwood stairs and floor

Quote:
Hi neighbor,

We closing next March

Good Luck
I just received and browsed the electronic version of the Design Guide. I could not find anything specific about hardwood floor or stairs. I plan to have hardwood floor on the main floor and also the hard stairs but not sure how much it will cost. Do you mind sharing the information? I understand it depends on models, but I don't need accurate numbers. Just to get an idea.
Old 2020-10-28, 12:11 PM
Regular User

Quote:
I just received and browsed the electronic version of the Design Guide. I could not find anything specific about hardwood floor or stairs. I plan to have hardwood floor on the main floor and also the hard stairs but not sure how much it will cost. Do you mind sharing the information? I understand it depends on models, but I don't need accurate numbers. Just to get an idea.
Good News There is a separate document for the Hardwood, tiles, stairs options, carpet, countertops, and cornice. The document list the prices specific to your home model. You need to ask then to send it to you.

Last edited by HomeDream; 2020-10-28 at 12:20 PM.
Old 2020-10-28, 12:29 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Good News There is a separate document for the Hardwood, tiles, stairs options, carpet, countertops, and cornice. The document list the prices specific to your home model. You need to ask then to send it to you.
Great. Will ask right away. Thanks for the information.
Old 2020-10-28, 04:27 PM
Regular User

I'm just wondering if anyone knows who is the supplier of hot water heaters/tanks for Mattamy. I just finished my Design Center appointment, but they couldn't give me an answer, when I asked about the type of hot water tank that will be installed in my home. I find it odd that Mattamy does not offer the option of what type of water heater the customer wants installed in his house. This means Mattamy can choose to install a very expensive tank in your house, which will incur high rental or buyout, even when you desire a less expensive one.

The Design Center usually provides three catalogues, one for model specific options, another for general design options with pricing, and the third for upgrade description. However, none of these catalogues include any information on HVAC, except the AC.