Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2020-10-07, 04:26 PM

I heard it was by enercare for 42.99+HST per month , 50Gallon Tank. Not sure on tankless
Old 2020-10-31, 10:30 PM
Regular User

Are there any winter preventive maintenance threads that some of you kind folks have bookmarked. Links or pointers would be appreciated.
Old 2020-11-09, 12:05 AM
Regular User

Tamarack has a list on their website (click on Customer Service) and you'll see a link for maintenance during each season.
Old 2020-11-16, 11:12 PM
Regular User

Does anyone in the community have security cameras installed?

Just curious about what system you're using. We're looking for something that doesn't require a monthly fees and would record on our own drive (MiniSD card). Any recommendations?

Asking, because last Saturday, we saw a few kids vandalize some homes in the community at night. The very first one you see from Bobolink has been destroyed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	126
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	14785  
Old 2020-11-19, 11:52 AM

Oh thats bad, I moved into my house 15th November. Me and few of my friends noticed that, didnt have a clue that it was vandalism. Yep, security camera (or even a security system cameras + sensors etc etc) is a must now.
Old 2020-11-25, 01:11 AM

Pardon me if I am wrong but I don't think it's an act of Vandalism. Looks like it happens because of the strong wind. Further please also advise, do we have a FB or Whats app community group for Westwood to discuss all the security and community-related issues.
Old 2020-11-25, 09:57 PM
Regular User

Well, the night before we noticed that house was vandalized, we heard banging on our neighbors home (under construction) at 9:30 pm. We went outside and saw the kids running out of the home and get into their bikes.

The next morning, we noticed they had broken the walls. They caused less damage on our neighbor's home than the one on bobolink.

The damage clearly shows the walls were broken from within the home. We had some pretty windy days and, yes, on occasion the insulation Tamarack put on gets damaged and some pieces fly away and they like to rest on our backyard for some reason.
Old Yesterday, 01:58 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pringles View Post
Well, the night before we noticed that house was vandalized, we heard banging on our neighbors home (under construction) at 9:30 pm. We went outside and saw the kids running out of the home and get into their bikes.

The next morning, we noticed they had broken the walls. They caused less damage on our neighbor's home than the one on bobolink.

The damage clearly shows the walls were broken from within the home. We had some pretty windy days and, yes, on occasion the insulation Tamarack put on gets damaged and some pieces fly away and they like to rest on our backyard for some reason.
I agree this was vandalism. The pieces were broken from the inside. Hopefully Tamarack fixes this.

I do have cameras outside. I purchased network drops from the builder and used cameras from Amazon. Fairly easy install (minus the climbing heights part). Two install 4 cameras in four corners its roughly about a $500 investment.