Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 2019-07-09, 07:48 AM
homers homers is offline
Junior Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 26
Default Minto- Mahogany Phase 2

Hello,

I wanted to start a thread for Mahogany phase 2 residents who can share information, ask questions and have general conversation about their experience as we proceed to move into new homes with Minto. At this point, most buyers have likely chosen their exterior colour packages and are awaiting the next stage. I for one, would love to know of any next step decisions as well as pricing to better plan for whats coming. Has anyone been contacted for anything passed exterior color packages?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 2019-07-09, 09:30 PM
cl_utch cl_utch is offline
Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Kanata
Posts: 83
Default

Hi there,

Iíve yet to be contacted for anything other than exterior colour choices. I donít anticipate to be contacted for next steps/framing any time soon.. likely not until November-ish. I was told there are lots of other houses that need to be contacted first before me. Iím on lot #2. That being said, if anyone knows about site servicing and has received an updated ďadditional investmentsĒ sheet please let us know! Iím trying to budget for upgrades but the pricing is inaccurate.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 2019-08-13, 01:48 PM
homers homers is offline
Junior Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 26
Default

Hi Phase 2ers.

I know that design centre was supposed to start scheduling appointments in August. Has anyone received anythign as of yet? I dont expect any contact for a bit as I do not occupy until Sept 2020.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 2019-10-01, 02:31 PM
homers homers is offline
Junior Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 26
Default Unofficial date move

We were just recently given an unofficial notice that our occupancy date would be pushed out by 6-8 weeks. Hoping this does not get pushed out further. Still have heard nothing from the design centre on next steps.

Moving in October 2020.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 2019-10-01, 07:26 PM
good2know's Avatar
good2know good2know is offline
Senior Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 5,787
Default

Just curious - did your lawyer explain the Tarion process relating to closing date changes, and when you have a 'firm date'?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 2019-10-01, 08:42 PM
cl_utch cl_utch is offline
Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Kanata
Posts: 83
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by homers View Post
We were just recently given an unofficial notice that our occupancy date would be pushed out by 6-8 weeks. Hoping this does not get pushed out further. Still have heard nothing from the design centre on next steps.

Moving in October 2020.
Sorry to hear that homers. Hope thatís all for delays on Mintoís end. Did they give any explanation as to why? I assume theyíll say labour shortage and thaw?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 2019-11-01, 12:20 PM
homers homers is offline
Junior Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 26
Default

It was related to permitting. Its pretty evident that they are behind schedule as I know I was a later occupancy for phase 2 and no foundations have been close to starting. Looks like they might be trenching for utilities soon though.

We were originally told that the design centre would be doing our appointment in October however we have not heard from the design centre since the introductory info session we had several months back. Any one else hearing from them? I would love to get my hand on some upgrade sheets above and beyond the one they hand out at the time of the sale.

-H
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 2020-01-12, 09:27 PM
cl_utch cl_utch is offline
Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Kanata
Posts: 83
Default

Have there been any updates here? I just realized that I did not change the address on file that Minto has recorded, and therefore, have likely missed any correspondence if they did send any to me with regards to delayed closure. At this point, I'm assuming that they are quite behind. Still no foundations poured to be seen, and I don't think they will resume until spring?

Apparently, the design centre no longer hands out upgrade pricing sheets.. so I guess we just need to wait until our 1x1 design centre appointments? It's a little disappointing because I am trying to budget and allocate funds accordingly in anticipation of having to spend $$$ on upgrades.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 2020-01-13, 08:22 AM
homers homers is offline
Junior Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 26
Default

Nothing yet. I am assuming our delay notification will come via email in the next month or two. I, myself, verified with them that I had the correct email on file as I have heard very little correspondence. I am certainly not confident of my move in date in September.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 2020-01-15, 10:32 AM
homers homers is offline
Junior Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 26
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cl_utch View Post
Have there been any updates here? I just realized that I did not change the address on file that Minto has recorded, and therefore, have likely missed any correspondence if they did send any to me with regards to delayed closure. At this point, I'm assuming that they are quite behind. Still no foundations poured to be seen, and I don't think they will resume until spring?

Apparently, the design centre no longer hands out upgrade pricing sheets.. so I guess we just need to wait until our 1x1 design centre appointments? It's a little disappointing because I am trying to budget and allocate funds accordingly in anticipation of having to spend $$$ on upgrades.
Looks like foundations are going in for the bungalow towns.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Minto - Mahogany reens09 Ottawa 398 2019-10-12 10:48 AM
Minto Avalon Encore Phase 5 Phase5 Ottawa 4 2018-03-16 02:55 AM
minto mahogany ottawabuyer Ottawa 1 2018-01-24 12:11 PM
Minto - Mahogany Vig Ottawa 7 2017-06-26 10:04 PM
Minto Mahogany - Windows brent Ottawa 1 2013-08-31 12:29 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:15 AM.



Copyright © PHAND Corporation
This document may not be used elsewhere without the expressed written consent of PHAND Corporation.
*** There is no association between this website and any builder. ***

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.