Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2020-01-15, 10:47 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by homers View Post
Nothing yet. I am assuming our delay notification will come via email in the next month or two. I, myself, verified with them that I had the correct email on file as I have heard very little correspondence. I am certainly not confident of my move in date in September.
Received an email back with regards to my closing date, they indicated that so far my house is on schedule.. it closes November 2020. Can I ask which lot you purchased? Were you able to get an updated additional investments sheet at all?
Old 2020-01-20, 07:36 AM
Regular User

We purchased a 45' lot and were supposed to close in September, however I am not sure if that is still the case or not. We haven't received any real communication in several months including and info regarding upgrade pricing which I am patiently awaiting.
Old 2020-01-27, 10:39 AM
Regular User

I stopped by the design centre yesterday as I was minutes away having brunch.. and was told that I should be receiving some sort of communication for my design centre appointments any time after January 24th. I imagine, that that means you should be contacted sooner than me! Shouldn't be too long until we hear something
Old 2020-02-03, 01:35 PM
Regular User

I've been contacted for my design centre appointment. Have gone in for framing selections already. Had a 4-hr appointment, and we still haven't gotten to select finishings yet. Guess I had a lot to ask LOL. Hope you get contacted soon!
Old 2020-03-04, 10:52 PM

Hi guys,
We will be moving later this year and wanted to know more about public schools for mahogany.
Your kids going to middle or high school?
How are the schools?
Any feedback?
We are moving from stonebridge and want to be sure if kids should go to pubic or catholic school.
Old 2020-03-08, 11:29 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by deesingh View Post
Hi guys,
We will be moving later this year and wanted to know more about public schools for mahogany.
Your kids going to middle or high school?
How are the schools?
Any feedback?
We are moving from stonebridge and want to be sure if kids should go to pubic or catholic school.
Welcome to the community! I haven't got any kids though so I won't be able to chime in too much on your question above. Which lot are you if you don't mind me asking?
Old 2020-03-31, 01:55 PM
Regular User

Default Covid 19

We were supposed to be moving in late September 2020 and had design appointments booked but all of them just got cancelled and we were notified that our home MIGHT be delayed, which I am assuming is likely at this point. Not sure what is happening with my design appointments as I they gave me no indication as to when those will be happening.
Old 2020-04-10, 01:19 PM
Regular User

I too, have received an email from Minto indicating that my home may be delayed as well too. They did however, state that they have permits for my home construction and that they will be able to move forward. A delay is expected and I am planning for it.

As for my design appointments, I have had perhaps 3-4? We've done framing and were in the process of finalizing selections for the interior but these last 2 appointments were cancelled due to Covid. Im unsure if they will be proceeding with virtual appointments, but Im going to delay for in-person meetings if possible.

Good luck with the progress of your home!
Old 2020-05-19, 12:24 PM
Regular User

Hi,

Has anyone received any updates on closing delays? I am originally scheduled for late September and have not heard anything in the last month. Framing selections are done and I am expecting a delay on closing however it would be nice to be given an update.

Thanks,

Homers
Old 2020-05-22, 06:07 PM
Regular User

No official delay notices on my end. We are slated to move in mid-November. My house is situated pretty close to the corner and therefore, I assume that they would try and finish the ones closer to the roads before making their way into the subdivision. I have my final design appointment on Tuesday, might find out more then and will keep you posted if I uncover anything new.