Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2019-11-19, 08:38 AM
Regular User

Default Longwood Homes

Has anyone had a home built by Longwood Homes. We are currently looking at a subdivision in Carleton Place and understand they have build all over the Ottawa area. I know their are other builders out there, which we looked at but we like what they have to offer the best.
Old 2019-11-19, 09:42 AM
Regular User

They definitely haven't built all over Ottawa, at least in recent history. This is the first time I heard of this builder.
Old 2019-11-22, 03:32 PM
Regular User

They are more popular than you think. Have a look at their current and past builds and you will see. They are not of a Mattamy or Minto size, however have build some larger developments.
Old 2020-02-03, 11:16 PM
Regular User

Hi Molson,

I just checked out the Longwood site and can see that all the current lots are spoken for. The model home gallery looked nice, though, so I might pop over and take a look in person regardless.

Have you heard anything about a second phase or if they're building anything else in Carleton Place?

Last edited by furygrrl; 2020-02-03 at 11:20 PM.
Old 2020-02-04, 08:08 AM
Regular User

Default Longwood homes

Quote:
Originally Posted by furygrrl View Post
Hi Molson,

I just checked out the Longwood site and can see that all the current lots are spoken for. The model home gallery looked nice, though, so I might pop over and take a look in person regardless.

Have you heard anything about a second phase or if they're building anything else in Carleton Place?
Yes, their Jackson Ridge development has sold out. We have purchased over at their new site called Coleman central which you will find on their website. Lots of lots still remaining and more centrally located than their Jackson Ridge development. Just different models as lots not as wide.
Old 2020-02-04, 05:16 PM
Regular User

Thanks for the info!! I only looked at the Jackson Ridge section, not realizing that there was another Carleton Place option. I'll be headed out to the models this weekend to see what they're like.

Have you discussed upgrades with the sales staff at all - like if they have a good (or limited?) selection of options available, or if upgrade estimates sound comparable to other builders?

Old 2020-02-05, 11:53 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Thanks for the info!! I only looked at the Jackson Ridge section, not realizing that there was another Carleton Place option. I'll be headed out to the models this weekend to see what they're like.

Have you discussed upgrades with the sales staff at all - like if they have a good (or limited?) selection of options available, or if upgrade estimates sound comparable to other builders?
There are no models built available to see as of yet. If you want to see built models you will have to go out to their Morris Village site in Rockland. Their Model show home home is the Vichey (called Madison in CP). The houses built in Jackson Ridge are totally different than the ones offered.

I can't compare upgrades with other builders as we have not bought a new home in a long time. But I can tell you they do offer endless upgrades and i am very impressed what they offer. The prices I would guess are comparable to the others. Pam who works in the sales center is very knowledgeable, she is very easy to talk to, will answer all your questions, and will not make you feel pressured at all.
Old 2020-02-05, 01:13 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molson323 View Post
There are no models built available to see as of yet... The houses built in Jackson Ridge are totally different than the ones offered.
Yes! I was kind of surprised to see the different home selections at each site. So many builders keep repeating or offering similar models in each development - it was unexpected to see a completely different line-up, especially considering how close the projects are to one another. I'm just glad that there were options in Coleman that appealed as much as the Jackson community.

As for models - we're okay visiting the ones at the Jackson site (I think the Boulton and Hawthorne models are there?). We just want to get an idea of how their builds feel in terms of space, quality, etc. I didn't know that the Morris site had a model, though, so I appreciate the info! Definitely worth a visit if we like what we see this weekend.

Quote:
I can't compare upgrades with other builders as we have not bought a new home in a long time. But I can tell you they do offer endless upgrades and i am very impressed what they offer.
This is great to hear! The last time I purchased upgrades, there were quite a few limitations, so that was a bit frustrating.

I'd love to hear anything else you'd like to share about your experience - which model you went with, if they're offering any fun incentives (ie. design credits), etc. I'll obviously be getting a bit more info later this week, but it's always nice to hear directly from someone who's already purchased.

Old 2020-02-05, 04:27 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Yes! I was kind of surprised to see the different home selections at each site. So many builders keep repeating or offering similar models in each development - it was unexpected to see a completely different line-up, especially considering how close the projects are to one another. I'm just glad that there were options in Coleman that appealed as much as the Jackson community.

As for models - we're okay visiting the ones at the Jackson site (I think the Boulton and Hawthorne models are there?). We just want to get an idea of how their builds feel in terms of space, quality, etc. I didn't know that the Morris site had a model, though, so I appreciate the info! Definitely worth a visit if we like what we see this weekend.

This is great to hear! The last time I purchased upgrades, there were quite a few limitations, so that was a bit frustrating.

I'd love to hear anything else you'd like to share about your experience - which model you went with, if they're offering any fun incentives (ie. design credits), etc. I'll obviously be getting a bit more info later this week, but it's always nice to hear directly from someone who's already purchased.

Correct, their sales office is the Boulton and that will give you an idea. However there are no other models as all sold. I know the Appleton right behind them and the Ashton (right accross) recently sold. They are still in the finishing stages and you can always inquire as they may walk you through.

As mentioned, they have alot of possibilities, so no limitations here.

So far all positive, we only signed back in Dec so still in the preliminary stages. They are fair as all pay the same price and they stick to that as we tried. Just drop in and see Pam and ask questions, they will take the time and offer no pressure as they are relaxed. That is why we signed, no pressure and all our questions answered, not rushed out the door like some places.

We did look at Olympia, however did not like the builds after walking through some. Biggest issue was the sales staff were not helpful at all and actually scared us off completely from even considering.

Last edited by Molson323; 2020-02-05 at 04:30 PM.
Old 2020-02-20, 05:30 PM
Regular User

Well, it appears that the prices that we received 2 weeks ago at the sales centre have now gone up by 20k across the board. Disappointing (because that would have paid for the lot premium we're considering), but not super unexpected. The lots seem to be going pretty quickly, too, judging by the site plan we were given vs. what we originally saw on the website.

We're still on the fence about Coleman Central vs. Miller's Crossing -- or if we should wait and see if a new development is announced for CP, but in the meantime, we're visiting Morris Village this weekend to see how the Vichy compares to the Boulton.

Which model did you pick, Molson? We're considering the Sydney.