Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2020-02-21, 12:36 PM
Regular User

We had originally been looking at the Jackson Ridge site. We had gone back-fourth with the sales center. Then she says what if I can get you a bigger home for less of a price, we are starting a new subdivision yet to be released. I kept my finger on it and the day they were released, we went out and bought a lot at pre-construction pricing. Lucky we did as we got a lot we wanted plus are able to afford the kitchen upgrades we want. If we bought now we would be in the same boat as you as the pricing has jumped dramatically. As soon as they started advertising the lots sold quick and the pricing jumped fast. They did revise the site plan recently but you have to click on it to see the latest. They do not have that many remaining lots, except for a few still that back on to the park, which as you know have a premium.

We are building the Madison, (called the Vichey) out in Rockland. We did look at Miller's crossing, however I don't like the fact my kids would have to cross HWY 7. As well we were not impressed with the area, houses are just too dark and cold looking for our liking as well pricey, this is just my opinion everybody is different. We looked at the Sydney, but not much of a sq ft difference and with the pricing difference we added upgrades but is a nice model.

There are so many new upcoming subdivisions in the area. There will be different builders in Coleman central as there are still single family lots that have been scheduled with no builders. I can see Longwood possibly buying these as a phase 2. As well there are a few other big developments planned, but they are in the pre stages. If you go to the town website, they have a map with all the ongoing/planned projects.

Good luck with the searching, hope all works out, let us know how it goes.
Old 2020-04-05, 08:52 PM
Regular User

What did you choose as upgrades to your home? and what were the prices you were quoted?

I am looking a Longwood home, and am looking for a rough idea of the upgrade prices from the base price to get the things I'd like.

Secondly how does the process work with them? From signing to when you choose your design center upgrades?
Old 2020-04-06, 02:40 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by savosean View Post
What did you choose as upgrades to your home? and what were the prices you were quoted?

I am looking a Longwood home, and am looking for a rough idea of the upgrade prices from the base price to get the things I'd like.

Secondly how does the process work with them? From signing to when you choose your design center upgrades?
We focused on the kitchen for the majority of our upgrades. I could not give you a number as prices have gone up. Since we purchased the sales center has gotten all updated pricing from supplies as they do every few months and I know all we had done has changed. As well some pricing issued to us they screwed up but are honoring as was their mistake.

The process was not difficult, their design center is still done by them at the sales center as a smaller builder. You only have to go out and meet with the tile/carpet guys and if you choose a different fireplace then you meet with them as well.

If you let me know on some things you are looking at. If I have the pricing I can let you know, but remember my pricing will/may not be accurate.
Old 2020-04-06, 02:49 PM
Regular User

For the kitchen I am looking at extending the hardwood into the kitchen. As opposed to having ceramic in there. Quartz countertops, and Iíd like the white cabinetry we see in the model Home.

Thatís basically it for the kitchen, my other upgrades would be hardwood on the stairs. Smooth ceilings throughout.
Old 2020-04-06, 03:07 PM
Regular User

Quote:
For the kitchen I am looking at extending the hardwood into the kitchen. As opposed to having ceramic in there. Quartz countertops, and Iíd like the white cabinetry we see in the model Home.

Thatís basically it for the kitchen, my other upgrades would be hardwood on the stairs. Smooth ceilings throughout.
As we are still in the process, we were actually just at the point of meeting our flooring/carpet guy before things were put on hold due to this current situation. I don't believe there is any additional charge for extending the hardwood as this is something we are doing, will let you know.

Based on the Madison known as Vichey in Rockland

Quartz - 3695 (kitchen)
level B cabinets (model home) - 1073
Flat ceilings 3288

Hope this helps.
Old 2020-04-06, 08:06 PM
Regular User

Yes it helps thank you. I am looking at the smaller but similar to the Vichy... St. Malo model.

My plans are hardwood stairs, hardwood in the hallway on the 2nd floor, hardwood in the kitchen. Quartz countertop, upgraded cabinetry and smooth ceilings throughout. Gas stove line, and BBQ line + water line for the fridge. With the rough-in in the basement for future finished basement plans.

Hope you can keep this thread updated with how your process is going.
Old 2020-04-06, 08:30 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Yes it helps thank you. I am looking at the smaller but similar to the Vichy... St. Malo model.

My plans are hardwood stairs, hardwood in the hallway on the 2nd floor, hardwood in the kitchen. Quartz countertop, upgraded cabinetry and smooth ceilings throughout. Gas stove line, and BBQ line + water line for the fridge. With the rough-in in the basement for future finished basement plans.

Hope you can keep this thread updated with how your process is going.
Ok, I know the model, so as for Hardwood through the kitchen I am positive there was no additional charge. I do have the below pricing as well as we are doing.

Gas line for BBQ 570 and for stove 791
Water line for fridge 170
Basement rough in 915

Will let you know how things go, however on hold for now as they were in the process of applying for a dig permit but not yet granted.
Old 2020-04-07, 12:15 PM
Regular User

Do you happen to know what the standard hardwood planks are? As in is the model homes hardwood wider than what we get as standard?
Old 2020-04-07, 03:00 PM
Regular User

Not too sure what the difference was as we did not inquire as we were not upgrading.
Old 2020-04-09, 07:46 PM
Regular User

Are the upgrades paid with cash on the spot? Or are they rolled into the purchase price(mortgage)?

Last edited by savosean; 2020-04-09 at 08:06 PM.