Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2020-04-09, 08:06 PM
Regular User

As far as I know the price includes HST as ours did. I believe how we did it was after you put down you initial deposit, your next down payment is 10% of the purchase price with upgrades, all money down goes towards you final number.
Old 2020-04-09, 08:13 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molson323 View Post
As far as I know the price includes HST as ours did. I believe how we did it was after you put down you initial deposit, your next down payment is 10% of the purchase price with upgrades, all money down goes towards you final number.
Mine is a little different I guess, my deposit is simply 5%(because I am a first time homebuyer) of the total home price + structural upgrades. But, the deposit is due at signing. However, the design center upgrades isn't for a month after signing. Therefore, I was wondering if they would want me to give them 5% at that time for it all... or it will have to be paid in full at the time.
Old 2020-04-09, 08:22 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by savosean View Post
Mine is a little different I guess, my deposit is simply 5%(because I am a first time homebuyer) of the total home price + structural upgrades. But, the deposit is due at signing. However, the design center upgrades isn't for a month after signing. Therefore, I was wondering if they would want me to give them 5% at that time for it all... or it will have to be paid in full at the time.
Whatever you have done up to that point will be due. We have yet to our flooring selection but all other upgrades had been done and were included i that deposit.
Old 2020-04-09, 08:33 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Whatever you have done up to that point will be due. We have yet to our flooring selection but all other upgrades had been done and were included i that deposit.
Makes sense thanks appreciate it. All my upgrades besides structural are to be done at a later point. So I guess that's why it was different for me.
Old 2020-04-12, 10:48 PM
Regular User

Do you happen to have your backyard dimensions? I have the lot I am reserving total dimensions, but I don't exactly know how much the backyard would be without simply guessing.
Old 2020-04-13, 04:32 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Do you happen to have your backyard dimensions? I have the lot I am reserving total dimensions, but I don't exactly know how much the backyard would be without simply guessing.
Would have to take the size of your home and base that on your lot. Have a look at existing model and that should give you an idea. Our lot was staked off as ready to dig so that gave us an idea.
Old 2020-04-14, 07:05 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Would have to take the size of your home and base that on your lot. Have a look at existing model and that should give you an idea. Our lot was staked off as ready to dig so that gave us an idea.
Ah sounds good, thanks for all
The answers to my questions. Sorry for asking so many. I just had one more at this point. Do you happen to know if they include Ethernet outlets in the 3 phone and 3 cable we get? Or is that an upgrade? Are the phone outlets simply cat 5/6?
Old 2020-04-14, 07:19 PM
Regular User

Believe one is cable and the other a Cat 5, not 100% sure as I did not ask the question at time of our selection.
Old 2020-04-15, 10:01 PM
Regular User

Quote:
We focused on the kitchen for the majority of our upgrades. I could not give you a number as prices have gone up. Since we purchased the sales center has gotten all updated pricing from supplies as they do every few months and I know all we had done has changed. As well some pricing issued to us they screwed up but are honoring as was their mistake.

The process was not difficult, their design center is still done by them at the sales center as a smaller builder. You only have to go out and meet with the tile/carpet guys and if you choose a different fireplace then you meet with them as well.

If you let me know on some things you are looking at. If I have the pricing I can let you know, but remember my pricing will/may not be accurate.
By different fireplace do you mean there is a like a veneer option?
Old 2020-04-16, 10:41 AM
Regular User

Quote:
By different fireplace do you mean there is a like a veneer option?
While I do not mind answering all questions, I suggest you contact the sales rep. with a list of questions. They can give you a more clear concise answer. As for the fireplace, if you do not like it then you have the option of meeting with whoever they use in the east end and upgrading/changing, just like you do for the flooring.