Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2009-07-24, 03:32 PM

Default Anyone have reviews or pictures of the Tuxford??

We have been shopping around with the Mattamy models and really liked the Sandfield. Then we discovered the Tuxford, which is pretty much the same but with a fourth bedroom, a den on the main floor, and bigger bedrooms. The only problem is that Mattamy does not have a model of this anywhere in Ottawa and cannot contact any other Tuxford owners for us or show us a partically built model for liability reasons. They don't even have a virtual tour so I think there aren't any completed Tuxford houses yet...

So I guess I am wondering if anyone out there has purchased a Tuxford? If so, have you moved in? Are you willing to share pictures? Are you happy with it?

TIA!
Old 2009-07-24, 04:38 PM
Regular User

Default Love Tuxford too.

We also loved Tuxford after seeing the Sandfield. But we were not happy with the fact that Mattamy raised the prices to pass on the new PST to buyers. So we bought with Monarch. Not sure if Tuxford models are available in other cities, say Toronto. Good luck!
Old 2009-07-24, 05:16 PM
Regular User

it is similar to the fieldgate in our neighbourhood (newmarket) exterior is similar but the actual size is much different. the floor plan is a lot different though.

Old 2009-07-24, 06:12 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNgMaN View Post
it is similar to the fieldgate in our neighbourhood (newmarket) exterior is similar but the actual size is much different. the floor plan is a lot different though.
haha
you start out your sentence by saying it's similar and end it being "a lot different"
Old 2009-07-26, 01:30 AM
Regular User

I have bought a Tuxford model but it is not ready yet. Frame and roof are done of our home but we do not have any dry wall.

There is Tuxford model being built on lot 197, they have dry wall done for that house and I was there last week and you can get an idea how spacious are room etc.

Other tuxford models are on lot 95, 96, 69 and 27. You can drive and see how they look like but none of them are ready. Its pretty new model (released Nov 08) so I had same problem as you are having now.
Old 2009-07-26, 11:23 AM
Regular User

I'd go with the Westlyn. Better layout, bigger and costs less. Seems like a no brainer. The mid level great room in both the tuxford and Sandfield seem like hard to use spaces. Evertime I'm in the model home I try to picture furniture placement had it's hard to do with two staircases and the french doors.
Old 2009-09-08, 01:19 PM

We bought a Tuxford and the house is closing in 2 weeks.
Old 2009-09-08, 03:49 PM
Regular User

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamamiya View Post
We also loved Tuxford after seeing the Sandfield. But we were not happy with the fact that Mattamy raised the prices to pass on the new PST to buyers. So we bought with Monarch. Not sure if Tuxford models are available in other cities, say Toronto. Good luck!
All builders will be raising prices (depending on the price of the house) to pass on the PST part of the new HST. We just purchased a new Monarch and the day before we bought the prices when up because of the new tax. It really depends on when your home will be built. I assume that when you were looking the Mattamy home you were looking at had a closing date after June of 2010 while the Monarch was before the end of June, 2010. Ours will be finished in August so it does include the new tax.