Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Simcoe

Simcoe Orillia, Lake Simcoe, Lake Couchiching to Collingwood, Georgian Triangle, Barrie, Alliston, Cookstown, Tottenham, Bradford, Holland Marsh, Midland, Penetanguishene, Georgian Bay, Trent Severn Waterway.

Old 2011-12-06, 10:23 AM
Regular User

Angry

*UPDATE*
Just received this update, not very happy at all

At this point they are expecting registration to take place sometime in Jan. That is when they are able to apply for permits and go in the ground March. The houses won't be ready May, but July - Sep (4-6 mos).

So frustrated and upset
We may be looking to get out of the deal
Old 2012-04-04, 09:31 PM

Talking Lots

Hi!! My husband and I are moving into the alcona by the lake, has anyone purchased a ravine lot?!
Old 2012-04-11, 02:44 PM
Regular User

Hi SHMF,
We purchased a ravine lot. We are lot 51, which one are you?
Actually took a walk around the site this past weekend. Roads, stops signs, and street signs are in, but sadly no foundations yet.
Rumour has it they are supposed to start digging (in batches of 5) this week, just heard this won't be happening (shocking) as there are still hold ups with the town and the engineers not approving things etc. Country Homes have said they are not sure now when they will start digging.
Its just one thing after another!
I just want to be in by Thansgiving....but its looking more and more like December
Old 2012-04-12, 11:41 PM

We're lot 54!! Still deciding on what elevation. We've been to the real estate office quite a bit and from what we've been told; digging will start in two weeks, wishful thinking!! We have a closing date of October 17th, we'll be happy to be in just before the snow starts---and I think most of the lots have been sold now, so I'm sure it will get done in a decent time. So, I guess the first ones to move in throw the first bbq??!!
Old 2012-04-13, 08:46 AM
Regular User

Did you just recently buy? Thats great you have a closing date already, I would be happy With Oct 17! Our first closing date was Sept 9 2011! Haven't gotten our firm closing date yet. Hope to hear soon.
Fingers crossed!
Old 2012-05-25, 10:36 PM
Regular User

Default update

Hi!
We bought lot 22. We went by today and hydro was put in (we are one of the lucky ones with the green box on our lawn LOL) and Rogers was there doing some work. It's a start!
Old 2012-06-22, 11:36 AM

Thumbs up visual progress

Hi all,

Finally some visual progress that gives the feeling that the houses will be built and the anxious awaiting families will soon have a new place to call home!

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1751.JPG
Views:	157
Size:	286.4 KB
ID:	9880   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1758.JPG
Views:	149
Size:	289.6 KB
ID:	9881   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1759.JPG
Views:	143
Size:	332.2 KB
ID:	9882   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1761.JPG
Views:	141
Size:	342.4 KB
ID:	9883  
Old 2012-06-24, 06:21 PM
Regular User

Talking

Sooooo exciting, things are happening..... finally!
We usually take a drive by the site every weekend and it's great to actually see progress & our house being built! They were working on saturday too!
Can't wait to move in!!!!!!!!!
Old 2012-09-17, 10:41 PM

Default Lot 46

My boyfriend & I bought lot 46 on the ravine. It's nice to see what closing dates our future neighbors are being told. We were Oct. 18 now we are pushed back to February 14th. We are one of the last to have our permit released and they told us they are going to put in our foundation this week. I have heard that many times so we are not holding our breath. I just want the externals done by the snowfall! I am curious to see what they are going to do with all the children in the area regarding schools.
Old 2012-10-09, 09:11 PM
Regular User

Our closing is Nov. 15 and we've been told we are on time. We've been stopping by every weekend to check on the progress and noticed a couple of weeks ago there is now security. Two weekends ago signs went up saying there was now video surveillance was happening. And just yesterday (Thanksgiving Monday) we tried to go check on it, but the security stopped us and said they weren't allowing any home owners to go into the division anymore. So I guess there's no point in driving up to check on things anymore