Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > York Region > Stouffville

Stouffville Moving to Stouffville? Already living there? This section is for you.

Old 2017-05-27, 05:43 PM
Regular User

Checked out the site today and they started the foundations! Pic was taken from Baker Hill Blvd.

It looks like the release may be on time after all.

Also got an email for the June release as well. Anyone know of the price list?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170527_173826.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	1.05 MB
ID:	13960  
Old 2017-05-29, 10:30 AM
Regular User

Oooh..do you know which street that was? I'm pretty far south so that could be me!

http://www.fieldgatehomes.com/our-ho...ille/site-plan

If you look at the site plan, the "Existing Residential" should be Geranium Town Homes from their Trails release which have yet to be built as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_lucky View Post
Checked out the site today and they started the foundations! Pic was taken from Baker Hill Blvd.

It looks like the release may be on time after all.

Also got an email for the June release as well. Anyone know of the price list?
Old 2017-05-30, 01:22 PM
Regular User

I actually didn't drive in, so I'm not entirely sure which street that is. The pylons are where the entrance to the site was on Baker Hill Blvd. if that helps.

I probably should have driven in further to get a better look but I literally just fixed a tire on my other car because I ran over a nail and I didn't want it to happen again

It's pretty hard to tell now if its the 'existing residential' development or not. The site plan doesn't show a connecting road south of the existing residential, so I'm not sure what road that would be.

I did look into the Geranium development and it's located west of Baker Hill Blvd., so it might not be the existing residential on the Blue Sky site plan:
http://www.geranium.com/vista/site-plan/
Old 2017-05-31, 08:21 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpuba View Post
Oooh..do you know which street that was? I'm pretty far south so that could be me!
I've driven in and from my memory, it should be the first homes of the Bluesky site. As of this previous weekend, the foundation has been poured for the first 2 houses, with the second one being marked "Lot 230", Street number 232. So I take it that the one before would be lot 229, street number 282.

I have a question about the pouring and I'm hoping someone here would have the answer. It seems that the foundation wasn't dug very deep, maybe 2-3 ft below the existing road, and it is poured upwards from there (I'm thinking, the house would sit very high up then). What would be the reason for doing this instead of digging deeper so that more of the foundation is below ground?
Old 2017-05-31, 11:59 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKW View Post
I've driven in and from my memory, it should be the first homes of the Bluesky site. As of this previous weekend, the foundation has been poured for the first 2 houses, with the second one being marked "Lot 230", Street number 232. So I take it that the one before would be lot 229, street number 282.
If those are lots 229 and 230, they must have built a road right through the north part of the 'existing residential' area since the road is right next to them. I attached the full lot plan.

The road is supposed to go through the south part of the 'existing residential' area, attached is the residential site plan.

Maybe its only a temporary roadway? I really hope its the start of the Bluesky site.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Lots.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	107.4 KB
ID:	13969   Click image for larger version

Name:	Site Plan.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	76.0 KB
ID:	13970  
Old 2017-05-31, 12:33 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_lucky View Post
If those are lots 229 and 230, they must have built a road right through the north part of the 'existing residential' area since the road is right next to them. I attached the full lot plan.

The road is supposed to go through the south part of the 'existing residential' area, attached is the residential site plan.

Maybe its only a temporary roadway? I really hope its the start of the Bluesky site.
Oh, my mistake, I wasn't referring to the picture you previously linked but I was looking at the one I took myself. See attached. They have poured a few north of Borinsky and are working on the ones to the south. From the pylons looking in, the first one that is poured should be lot 229.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	92
Size:	146.8 KB
ID:	13971   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture2.JPG
Views:	85
Size:	26.6 KB
ID:	13972  
Old 2017-05-31, 02:23 PM
Regular User

Ah thanks for the pics, that definitely confirms it!
Those lots are for the Sept '17 release so its good to see the foundations are in, and may not be delayed.

Do you have a closing date coming up as well?
Old 2017-06-02, 02:21 PM
Regular User

Interesting, seems like things might be on time after all. I'll be going up this weekend as well as dropping by the sales center and will provide an update next week.

Anyone have any info regarding the "existing" residential townhomes there?
They were supposed to be built by Geranium Homes - Trails release.
Old 2017-06-03, 03:31 AM

How is the experience with the design center at fieldgate? What upgrades are you going for?
Old 2017-06-05, 09:49 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie2121 View Post
How is the experience with the design center at fieldgate? What upgrades are you going for?
The process went quite smoothly. The prices are as expected, a little bit on the pricey side. They do allow you to source other options that are not present at the design centre which helps a lot since the choices feel quite limited.

IE lots of low end and high end upgrades but nothing in the middle.