Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > York Region > Stouffville

Stouffville Moving to Stouffville? Already living there? This section is for you.

Old 2018-08-27, 07:39 PM
Regular User

Just wondering, anyone get a non counter depth refrigerator?

I'm wondering how much clearance there is for the standard refrigerator insert. The contract says 24" deep but doesn't say how much space between the 24" depth to the center island counter.

I was thinking of French doors with freezer in the bottom and it's measured 33" with the doors.
Old 2018-09-20, 02:12 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylau View Post
Just wondering, anyone get a non counter depth refrigerator?

I'm wondering how much clearance there is for the standard refrigerator insert. The contract says 24" deep but doesn't say how much space between the 24" depth to the center island counter.

I was thinking of French doors with freezer in the bottom and it's measured 33" with the doors.
Dunno if this is too late of an answer, but I have 31.5" when doors closed and 15.5" opened.

I have a Samsung non-counter depth... Product (WxHxD) 35 6/8 x 70 x 36

RF28HFEDBSR French Door Refrigerator with Twin Cooling Plus, 28 cu.ft
https://www.samsung.com/ca/refrigera...r-rf28hfedbsr/
Old 2018-09-24, 11:12 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKW View Post
Dunno if this is too late of an answer, but I have 31.5" when doors closed and 15.5" opened.

I have a Samsung non-counter depth... Product (WxHxD) 35 6/8 x 70 x 36

RF28HFEDBSR French Door Refrigerator with Twin Cooling Plus, 28 cu.ft
https://www.samsung.com/ca/refrigera...r-rf28hfedbsr/
Thanks for the message, yes it was late but it's okay. I decided to go with a full depth side by side. That fitted perfectly.

Curious, anyone get a welcome gift when you got the keys to the house? I got nothing and also had to arrange everything, even my garbage bins. Now I have to deal with Canada Post because my address isn't showing up.
Old 2018-09-25, 08:05 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylau View Post
Thanks for the message, yes it was late but it's okay. I decided to go with a full depth side by side. That fitted perfectly.

Curious, anyone get a welcome gift when you got the keys to the house? I got nothing and also had to arrange everything, even my garbage bins. Now I have to deal with Canada Post because my address isn't showing up.
Same, nothing was provided, not even a thank you/welcome note.

Canada Post had my address but it wasn't in anyone else's systems (i.e. Bell, even Google), so it was the most inconvenient when setting up services and deliveries. Their systems auto-checks the address but would say it is invalid and won't let them move forward. Hope it works out better for you.

Just a note, if the internet service provider you choose (probably Bell or Rogers) tell you that service is not available in your area, it's likely just because they haven't activated service for your postal code when they check in their system. Tell them to send a tech anyways to set up the service. The techs know what they're doing and they will call to "maintenance" department who will activate the lines manually rather than waiting for whatever the scheduled date is.
Old 2018-09-25, 09:05 AM
Regular User

Thanks CKW. I did do just that and asked the Bell guy to come into the house but he had to do something creative to bring the line in. The piping that leads to the basement had cement in there. It drove me crazy.

Well at least there's connectivity in the house.
Old 2018-09-29, 04:20 PM

Tax question...
I received my tax bill .. the city charging for a full year even we moved in March...
I see the adjustment by the lawyer charging us 1500 land tax.
any clue how to get the refund for the difference and why the city charging land tax and the lawyer paper too also why the city increase the taxes year after year even the market value dropping
please and thanks
Old 2018-09-30, 08:54 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsam View Post
Tax question...
I received my tax bill .. the city charging for a full year even we moved in March...
I see the adjustment by the lawyer charging us 1500 land tax.
any clue how to get the refund for the difference and why the city charging land tax and the lawyer paper too also why the city increase the taxes year after year even the market value dropping
please and thanks
Can you send me an email? mylau520@gmail.com. I want to ask you something.

Regarding your 1500, did you ask your lawyer? When I closed mine, mine said the town suppose to retroactively credit you back.