Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > York Region > Stouffville > Stouffville - River Ridge, MainStreet and Country Lane

Stouffville - River Ridge, MainStreet and Country Lane For residents and soon-to-be residents of Stouffvilles Main Street and River Ridge, Great Gulf Homes, Fieldgate, Greenpark and more!

Old 2006-08-28, 01:40 PM
Regular User

Default Delayed again....

Hi Fieldgaters..

Well I just got my registred letter. We have been delayed till July 2007. Our first closing date was August 31, 2006 and then November 2006. The site has NOT been registered yet. Everyone seems to be giving us different stories.

Sorry for the bad news guys, looks like we will all be a waiting a very long time. It will almost be 8 months and keep in mind I am not a fire lot either, and it's just a new closing date, we don't even know if it's right.

We are to go in and sign the ammendment..

Grace
Old 2006-08-28, 02:12 PM
Regular User

Unhappy

Joe & Grace, does your letter give any reasons for the delay this time? Hopefully this new date is just a temporary date until they figure out if they will start building in October. I guess all we can do is wait, our letter will be arrive soon.
Present close date: Mar. 15 2007
Old 2006-08-28, 02:27 PM
Regular User

Unhappy Sorry

Hi Joe and Grace,

I am sorry to hear about your delay. I am not sure how that affects my closing date though, I am all confused. I currenlty have an April 2007 date but I am a firelot so who knows!!

Thank you for letting us know.

Deva
Old 2006-08-28, 08:08 PM
Regular User

Question Tarion?

Has anyone checked with their lawyer about any compensation due to the delays? I have been looking on the tarion website and I am trying to make sense of it. Within the ontario new home warrenty act the builder has to give us 65 days notice for major delays (which they do) but it also mentions compensation of up to $100/day (max $5000) if the delay is more than 120 days (which it seem that it will be). Does this apply to us "fieldgaters" or am I misunderstanding the act?? Does anyone have any other information?
Old 2006-08-28, 08:47 PM
Regular User

the compensation is only applicable if proper notice is not given...from my understanding..
Old 2006-08-28, 08:52 PM

Default tarion

I spoke to my lawyer about Tarion and he told me that YES that was an option however before proceeding I should consider the fact that my contract with FIELDGATE is well past the 240days that they can delay you. What does that mean ? Well technically FIELDGATE which registers a new company for every job sight could cancel the deal and say they have done everything reasonable to build our home but due to circumstances beyond their control were unable to do so, and give us our deposit back. It was interesting to find out that most if not all builders register new company names for every job site to protect themselves from being sued and going bankrupt ! These guys have themselves covered in every way.

I did however speak to Joe over the weekend and although there is not official start date FIELDGATE is looking to go ahead and open up another section of the site for new homes. Needless to say he did suggest that I speak to someone at the town of Stouffville planning department by the name of Jack to find out more.
Old 2006-08-28, 11:09 PM

Default River Ridge is registered!

I have good news...
I received confirmation from Jack at the WS township today that the river ridge site has been registered.
"The Plan was registered last week as Plan 65M-3919. Building permits will begin to be issued shortly." - Jack

Cheers,
Jen & Kris
Formerly: Lot 32L Mantle Ave.
Currently: Lot 97 James Ratcliffe
Old 2006-08-29, 12:48 AM
Regular User

Talking

That is good news!!!!
Old 2006-08-29, 10:33 AM
Regular User

Red face Get Out!

Really?? Oh, I hope that is true. This is the first I have heard of this. If it is true, this is very exciting. I can't wait to see some workers on our plot of land.

Jen and Kris...I use to be Lot 33R on Mantle Ave. I am glad that not all of the Mantle people left!

Deva
Old 2006-08-29, 12:29 PM
Regular User

Smile woohoo

yeah really .. :-)