Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > York Region > Stouffville > Stouffville - River Ridge, MainStreet and Country Lane

Stouffville - River Ridge, MainStreet and Country Lane For residents and soon-to-be residents of Stouffvilles Main Street and River Ridge, Great Gulf Homes, Fieldgate, Greenpark and more!

Old 2006-08-29, 12:33 PM

Spoke to Angela from the Sale Office on the phone last night, confirming that they did get registration, and that construction will start any day.
Hopefully any day for construction, isnt the same as any day for land registration.
She did say that my January closing date will get pushed back further, but they wont have a idea of how much until construction gets started.

Anglea also said that Isabella Garden lane will be the third stree that construction will begin on
Old 2006-08-29, 12:59 PM
Regular User

Did she tell you what the first two streets will be for construction?
Present close date: Mar. 15 2007
Old 2006-08-29, 01:04 PM
Regular User

Wink Funny

"Hopefully any day for construction, isnt the same as any day for land registration."

hahahahahaha..Good one. Thanks for confirming everyone, one step down...maybe an October start will happen. How exciting after such a long wait.

As there are only three streets, I imagine they will be bound by the permits they receive. I understand they will do a construction schedule based on the permits received.

Deva
Old 2006-08-29, 07:25 PM
Regular User

I thought construction was starting on Isabella Garden Lane before James Ratcliffe.
Present close date: Mar. 15 2007
Old 2006-08-29, 08:58 PM

Default confirmed

I spoke with Jim from Fieldgate today and he did confirm the good news, what he did also say is that now it is up to the town to approve the site and work on it and if any delay that is were it would be. He said they were in the process of issuing letters with the news and that new ammendmants would have to be signed as well. I did ask him if Fieldgate was prepared to compensate us and he said no because it has been them who has been carrying the cost of the site these past years and with escalating prices in labor and material that were not passed on to the consumer Fieldgates position is that they have done enough.
Old 2006-08-31, 11:00 AM
Regular User

Red face I have heard that before

Hi guys,

This is exciting. I can't wait to get a letter with a real date. I talked to Jim last August about this and that was his line then. From the start of this whole situation they have said no compensation for buyers.

I hope we get our letters soon. Joe and Grace, I wonder if this will change the date they just gave you or if that is a safe date created when the land was registered.

Deva
Old 2006-08-31, 11:13 AM
Regular User

Hi Deva

Well it's great news that the land has been finally registered. My letter did not say anything about it being registered. It was dated for August 28, and I beleive it got registered on the 29th. We have not gone to the sales office yet to sign any papers, we will be heading up after the long weekend. I have no idea if we will be getting another one or not. That was a pretty long delay they gave us since we are suppose to close in November. I will let you now what happens, if anyone gets any other updates lets us all know.

Have a great long weekend..
Grace
Old 2006-09-01, 10:29 AM
Regular User

Talking Hi

Thanks Joe and Grace! Let me know how everything goes and if they change your date. I am just so excited to see them start!

Deva
Old 2006-09-01, 03:03 PM
Regular User

Has anyone been up to the site since it has been registered?
Old 2006-09-01, 04:37 PM
Regular User

Wink Site

I was last at the site on the 29th. I have been told that there is still some paperwork to be completed and that construction could start in 2-3 weeks....October at the latest.

I will likely go back at the end of September to see if anything is going on...sooner if I read a post that indicates that they have started construction in that area.

That sales office might be re-selling all the lots it was hanging on to. It should be busy in there. Now that I think about it, I will swing by the site in a week or two to pick up a new price list.

Deva