Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > York Region > Stouffville > Stouffville - River Ridge, MainStreet and Country Lane

Stouffville - River Ridge, MainStreet and Country Lane For residents and soon-to-be residents of Stouffvilles Main Street and River Ridge, Great Gulf Homes, Fieldgate, Greenpark and more!

Old 2006-03-03, 11:20 AM
Regular User

Hi everyone, we are new here. We are in the River Ridge and had finished visiting the decor centre days before. I have a friend who is in Mantle Ave as you. She had already made an appointment with decor centre.
Old 2006-03-03, 04:56 PM
Regular User

Hi everyone, we are new here too.

We purchased our home in April 2005, our closing was suppose to be Aug 2006, but we got delayed to November 2006. Our street and lamp posts are in. Now we are just waiting for a letter to let us know what's going on. We were at the sales office a couple of weeks ago, they tell us that they will start digging March/April - I guess time will tell. We chose our upgrades back in October as well.

Nice to meet you all!!
Old 2006-03-03, 09:17 PM
Regular User

Hi All.

From the UPDATE subject line some has provided a web link to the CIC council meeting agenda for Mar 7.

http://townofws.com/agendas/a20060307.pdf

See page 48 of the PDF.

From what I have read, it clearly details what the delays were, and who was affected. There is no mention of Fieldgate homes, but clearly the property lines in the drawings show Fieldgates river ridge on the fringe of the mattamy and GGH developments.

It does indicate that Lebovic has completed necessary work. But no commitment dates as to when permits are going to be issued. We hope soon.
Old 2006-03-04, 09:05 AM
Regular User

Hi Guys..

Great see more neighbors on our board... Welcome..

There are a lot good folks who are going to be moving in to River Ridge, and am excited to see the community unfold. It's going to be a great neighbourhood, full of wonderful neighbours..

Not sure if you are ware.. some is trying to put a get together for Fieldgate owners, at Shoeless Joes on Mar 25. At this time we are not sure at this time if we can attend, but we will be making an effort.

look for the "Let's have a Fieldgate get-together!!!" subject..

See you all soon 8)
Old 2006-03-05, 09:39 PM
Regular User

Hi there,

We are really excited as well. We heard it is going to be one of the nicest area's. Thank you for letting us know about the get together. We will look for it.
Old 2006-03-07, 01:47 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter & Fanny
Hi everyone, we are new here. We are in the River Ridge and had finished visiting the decor centre days before. I have a friend who is in Mantle Ave as you. She had already made an appointment with decor centre.
Hi guys,

Welcome to the neighbourhood. What is your friends closing date for her house on Mantle Ave? Is it a semi, like ours? We're planning to call the decore centre tomorrow to see what's up.

Thanks!!
Old 2006-03-10, 05:34 PM
Regular User

Default Fieldgate

GT - I wish I had been smart and thought of that!! Oh well, lots of people like TV's in the bedrooms so I think I'll leave it for now and consider it a re-sale investment . That just struck me as funny, thinking about selling it and I haven't even moved in yet.

I just heard from Fieldgate head office and I have been told that they are still in a holding pattern. The town needs to approve the developers work and it hasn't been approved yet. They are working on a letter to purchasers now but it is just an update and it won't have a date on it. They are going to wait until they are 100% sure to put the dates in place. Here's hoping the ones we were given verbally stick.

Have a great week-end everyone.
Deva
Old 2006-03-11, 01:19 PM
Regular User

Hi All..

In most cases it is not difficult or too expensive to add additional phone lines and CATV outlets. For those who have LEGAL Bell ExpresVu they will move the service for you.

Deva.. thanks for the update..

Regards..
Old 2006-03-12, 04:46 PM
Regular User

Hi all,

I haven't been on for a while...great to hear some of the good news.
Hopefully they all start digging soon.

Welcome to all the newbies on the board!!! We are all here for each other.

As for items at the decor studio...do all the major stuff now...floors, counters tops, faucets...etc. I know that all can be done later but it's a pain to go through the hassle.

It's not much more to do cable and phone jacks with the builder.
With my our experience from one house to another...it was nice to have it all done. It was easier than to have wires run through the walls and holes been made and carpet being lifted. I was always having a fit!!!

They things we did ourselves was the AC with Sears, C-VAC with Sears, and garage door opener with Sears. I know...it's all SEARS!!!
They have the best service. If something is wrong...it gets fixed or replaced ASAP!

Hope you are all well. I'll check in later!

Maria and Jack
Old 2006-03-13, 08:54 AM
Regular User

We finally went up and saw the Fieldgate model homes. They were very nicely done. It sometimes makes you want to just buy one of those fully decorated. That would be so much easier. :lol:
Own a house near 10th & Hoover Park.

P.S. Username should be John