Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Durham Region > Durham - General

Durham - General For residents of and soon-to-be residents of Ajax, Oshawa, Pickering, Uxbridge, and Scugog

Old 2013-10-06, 06:20 PM
Regular User

I wonder if the 37 ft lots are more than the 40's right now because only Esquire offer them? I think in general their housing prices are higher. I am sure by they time all of the phases are done the houses will be 50K higher. There are supposed to be 3 or 4 phases.

I take the Go train downtown. It is actually quicker and cheaper. Plus I can nap on the way home
Old 2013-10-06, 09:12 PM
Regular User

My mistake it's the 33' lots that have gone up alot in price, not the 37'. I wasn't sure how many phases there are, only that it's about a 10 year project. Im sure by then our homes would have gone up quite a bit.
Old 2013-10-06, 10:02 PM
Regular User

Ya, that's what we have, a 33 ft lot. The prices have been going up constantly, but there are still many of them available for sale. the 40 ft lots sold out fast! There were also less of them.

Oh ya, I forgot to say, that we got the alternative 4 bedroom model. There was no fee to get the 4 bedroom so we went for it. It works out cause I needed a space for an office.

Last edited by Lily_08; 2013-10-07 at 10:09 AM.
Old 2013-10-07, 06:20 PM
Regular User

I think they pretty much sold out on the 33', think it was the towns they were trying to sell?

That's great that you didn't have to pay extra for the 4th bedroom, I'm surprised since they charge for everything else. I was planning on using the extra room for my office as well.

Have you purchased any of your appliances?
Old 2013-10-08, 09:56 AM
Regular User

Ya they need to sell more towns, but there are a few 33 ft lot available. They started advertising that the 33 ft lots come with a 15 ft wide driveway to entice people LOL I was also told that they were going to have a Phase 1.5

I haven't bought my appliances yet. Quite frankly, I need the money from the sale of my house now to do so. I don't have cheap taste unfortunately

I do know which ones i want though. I am very specific, because we have it built for a slide in and I want induction top for safety reasons I have to buy my appliances based on the stove. Ha ha ha How about you? Have you been putting things away for the new place?
Old 2013-10-08, 06:24 PM
Regular User

I bought my appliances last year on boxing day, we purchased stainless steel appliances. Thank goodness the stores are holding it for us in their warehouse until the house closes.

Is your current home up for sale now? We are trying to get our condo up for sale now. We just found a storage facility out in bowmanville to store all our stuff. I just hope our place doesn't take too long to sell....
Old 2013-10-09, 10:43 AM
Regular User

We actually have a storage unit already rented full of brand new furniture. We bought that all over a year ago. I wanted everything in our house to be brand new! This is our first house we bought together as I already owned my home when I met my husband. So I wanted it all to be new. But now, with all these delays, the storage unit is costing a pretty penny.

If our closing date remains March 30, I think we will put our house up for sale beginning of January. The houses in my neighbourhood tend to sell pretty quickly as we are very close to a high school and public school.
Old 2013-10-09, 08:17 PM
Regular User

I would like to have new furniture, as the kids have pretty much ruined what we have. lol.. My husband on the other hand refuses to buy any until we move and settle in. It's crazy how much some storage facilities were charging for a little space.

Lets just hope everything goes according to plans and there aren't anymore delays. Our area is not too bad. The only thing is that there are a few units in the building currently on the market.
Old 2013-10-11, 09:44 PM
Regular User

I understand not buying new furniture until you are settled in. We pretty much had too, the stuff we have in here is very old. Like before I had kids old lol

I am starting to think another delay is inevitable. They haven't even starting paving and they have to do that before applying for permits for digging.
Old 2013-10-15, 08:02 AM
Regular User

I haven't gone down to the site this weekend. We are thinking of going down his weekend. I thought they were waiting for the transformers to go in, then they could
Start laying down the foundation. I hope things pick up soon.