Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2018-02-09, 01:23 PM
Regular User

Default Minto Harmony - Barrhaven

I thought instead of posting in the generic "Barrhaven Development Plans" page, homeowners and prospective homeowners can all gather and chat in here.

Has anyone reserved lots as part of their first 3 Phases? Let us know which model you chose and Lot number!

I'd be curious to know what the Design Centre experience as been like as well. I see some digging activity, so I'm assuming the first wave that is closing in October (?) is on target?
Old 2018-02-23, 10:15 AM
Regular User

We secured a lot in Harmony with closing date in March 2019. We’ll be on Lilith street, Georgian model. They haven’t contacted us yet for the design selections.
Old 2018-02-23, 09:17 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by doitright View Post
We secured a lot in Harmony with closing date in March 2019. We’ll be on Lilith street, Georgian model. They haven’t contacted us yet for the design selections.
Cool, we're also on Lilith, closing in May 2019. Which phase were you part of?

Don't wait to be contacted to visit the Design Centre. We made a stop there a few weekends ago, and had a "tour" with one of the coordinators. It was a good experience, and we were able to get a heads up on some pricing and upgrades. They have a large amount of selections. Plus parking is free!
Old 2018-02-26, 10:58 AM
Regular User

Nice! Which model did you choose?

We were on phase 2. We went to the Design Centre once and obtained the list of price. No one was available to tour with us though, we might go back to ask few questions.

This is our second Minto home, for some reasons we found they used to have more selections on first level before. Now everything is an upgrade. It may be because we are not that excited as we were on our first home.

Last edited by doitright; 2018-02-26 at 11:00 AM.
Old 2018-03-01, 10:22 AM
Regular User

Looks like new lots are being released this weekend, however it's only Avenue Townhomes (no singles). It's a lottery process again.
Old 2018-04-09, 09:28 PM
Regular User

New lots being released once again. Didn't mention a lottery, so perhaps we'll see people camping out again?
Old 2018-04-10, 07:53 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_dogs View Post
New lots being released once again. Didn't mention a lottery, so perhaps we'll see people camping out again?
Do you know if they increased price again in the most recent release?
Old 2018-04-10, 12:02 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by canabiz View Post
Do you know if they increased price again in the most recent release?
I don't have that information, but if we go by what has happened in the past 3 phase releases, I'd expect a price hike. Their website isn't showing pricing details yet (probably Thursday or Friday).

I wonder if these are the final lots released until Phase 2 is released. There's now a sign along Strandherd, and I believe it says they'll be released in June.
Old 2018-04-10, 05:24 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_dogs View Post
I don't have that information, but if we go by what has happened in the past 3 phase releases, I'd expect a price hike. Their website isn't showing pricing details yet (probably Thursday or Friday).

I wonder if these are the final lots released until Phase 2 is released. There's now a sign along Strandherd, and I believe it says they'll be released in June.
Thanks. I hope they give customers some incentives (if they do hike the price) as they will be facing some competition with Glenview and Caivan building in the immediate vicinity.

I don't know much about Caivan but it looks like they have built some really nice looking communities, based off my quick Google search.
Old 2018-04-11, 12:19 PM
Regular User

Prices are now up for the new lot releases

https://www.minto.com/ottawa/new-hom...llections.html