Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Halton Region > Burlington

Burlington For residents of and soon to be residents of Burlington. Alton Village. Sundial, Fernbrook, Mattamy, Emery, Tribute, Valery, Legend Creek, Branthaven, Monarch, Thornwood

Old 2012-03-19, 05:10 PM
Regular User

Default Please do your research

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irene View Post
I felt the pricing offered on the high side and wanted to let you all know who I went with:

"Rocky" who drops off flyers in the neighbourhood all the time is the owner of the company called "Air Makers Inc.".
They installed a 3 ton AC for me (made by the Lennox company, but not a true Lennox) plus an Aprilair humidifier for a total of $ 2,469.00. This included the machines, the extra wiring and the installation.

All seems to be working fine!

Let me know if you need the contact information
Please do your research before choosing a HVAC contractor. This is a posting from homeowners from the Hawthorne Village Forum in Milton. I do remember having to clean up from some of these installations from this character. Please read the following link from homeowners in Milton.

http://www.hawthornevillager.com/php...ic.php?t=28157

Best Regards,

Craig Newhouse
www.fourseasoncomfort.com

Some of our testimonials may be found here.
http://www.hawthornevillager.com/php...ic.php?t=24763
Old 2012-03-26, 07:45 PM

Default Air Heating Plus

I just wanted to let you guys know that I went with AirHeatingPlus.

They are very well reviewed on homestars:

http://homestars.com/companies/2564141-airheatingplus

I found them through American Standard's Dealer locator. I got an Allegiance 13, Gold SI 2.5Ton Air Conditioner for $2,350, which comes with 10 years warranty on parts and compressor. He also took over the furnace warranty and pointed out flaws, which he rectified.

The warranty is registered with American Standard. I think I got a very good deal.

The customer service was really awesome and the guy Renato is very friendly, courteous and considerate. The work was completed to high standards. Extremely happy and pleased with the service I received.
Old 2012-06-18, 03:25 PM
Regular User

Default Reviews

Hi all,

I am thinking of purchasing a 2 tonne unit from Craig and was wondering how you all like your units since it was installed a month or so ago?

Thanks!
Old 2012-06-23, 02:48 PM
Regular User

Hi all,

I thought I'd share how my install went, in case some ppl are reading this and deciding whether to go with Four Seasons.

I just had my unit installed, about an hour ago, and was installed by Nick and his assistant. They spent 5 hours installing my unit and they were very professional and knowledgeable!

Nick answered all my questions and also shared some advice on how to run my a/c unit effectively.

I did a lot of research and got quotes from $1700 - $5000 and decided to go with Craig because it was middle of the road quote, the positive reviews that he has received and the unit that we were getting.
Old 2013-01-13, 07:28 PM
Regular User

Hello, sorry i would have started a new thread but i cant remember how and im terrible with a computer.

Anyways, I live in alton and had an air conditioner installed a year and a half ago. Now suddenly I'm getting somewhat threatening sounding phone calls from the "electrical authority". They keep leaving very stern messages about how it's the law and I have to let them into my house. Can anyone here tell me if this is correct and if they had the same thing?

I personally don't want anyone in my house who could just be a scammer try to sell me crap or scoping the place out for whatever reason. And the last place i owned, i got a new central air and had it installed and never had the "electrical authority" call me.
Old 2013-01-13, 07:37 PM
Regular User

It is quite possible that it is the electrical authority. They should be in the yellow pages or online. If your technician did not get a permit you could be fined. We were warned about this when we were getting quotes. They can drive down the street and spot which houses have air conditioners. If there is no permit you are at fault.

Any contractor who told us that we did not need a permit were shown the door.

Good Luck
NN
Old 2013-01-13, 07:40 PM
Regular User

Sorry Fraisier.

Back to the point. The next time the E.A. calls ask for an office phone number and extension. Do a reverse lookup and see where it leads.

NN
Old 2013-01-14, 09:34 AM
Regular User

Thanks for the info NN.