Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2009-06-24, 02:51 PM
Regular User

Default Anyone in Phase 1 @ Half Moon Bay (Tamarack)?

Well my girlfriend and I are going in to firm up tonight on our Eton in HMB, and I thought I'd see if there were any others lurking here who are anxiously waiting to see some more frames pop up out there?

We're both really excited, as this is our first home, and while we ended up buying toward the upper end of our modest budget, we were impressed with the standard features (Hardwood, ceramic, upg. underpad) that Tamarack was offering, as well as the $10k upgrade bonus. We were lucky enough to just sneak in before the price bump a few weeks back, so it kind of feels like a worthwhile investment even though they won't be pouring the foundation for a couple months.

We were both out of town this weekend, so we didn't get out to the BBQ to meet anyone. Hopefully there'll be another before summer ends and we can see some of our future neighbours.
Eton (Option #2)
Abetti Ridge

Old 2009-06-25, 08:24 AM
Regular User

My husband and I, and my mother who lives with us, are in lot 32 (Bristol). We have framing done for the first floor at the moment. Closing dates for most (all?) of the first wave of homes was pushed back by a month a couple weeks ago. So we went from October to November, but that's not so bad so far.

We just finished all the design center choices and signed away more of our income towards pretty counter tops and more hardwood, but I think it will be worth it.

I'd never looked at the Eton floor plans before. I'm impressed at how many options they have for the upstairs layout. I think you made a good choice, the larger ensuite and laundry room will be really nice.
Old 2009-06-25, 03:27 PM
Regular User

My sister in law bought an Eton in HMB. We own a Avon 4 in Havenlea. This is the 3rd Tamarack home in the family. My in-laws, my wife and I and now my sister in law.

If you have any q's about Tamarack, feel free to message me.
Old 2009-06-28, 08:06 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enarra View Post
Closing dates for most (all?) of the first wave of homes was pushed back by a month a couple weeks ago. So we went from October to November, but that's not so bad so far.

We just finished all the design center choices and signed away more of our income towards pretty counter tops and more hardwood, but I think it will be worth it.

I'd never looked at the Eton floor plans before. I'm impressed at how many options they have for the upstairs layout. I think you made a good choice, the larger ensuite and laundry room will be really nice.
The news about the closing delay is pretty much the opposite of what I was hoping to hear considering what was posted about Tamarack delivering early in Chaperal, but I guess these things happen. Any idea as to why the delay so early into construction?

We're hoping that before we make our first appointment at the design centre, we can have a couple lists of things that we would like and can narrow that down to our budget once we get some pricing from them. I know we're going to end up spending more than we want to but, hopefully it's not an inane amount.
Quote:
Originally Posted by north59 View Post
My sister in law bought an Eton in HMB. We own a Avon 4 in Havenlea. This is the 3rd Tamarack home in the family. My in-laws, my wife and I and now my sister in law.

If you have any q's about Tamarack, feel free to message me.
Much appreciated, I may take you up on that as things pop into my head.
Eton (Option #2)
Abetti Ridge

Old 2009-06-29, 07:23 AM
Regular User

Make sure you spend the money on any pot lights you might want, it's pretty hard for an electrician to do that after the fact especially on your main floor. I think my sister in law is putting a 4 or 6 on the main floor in that sitting area close to the kitchen, make sense?

If you are planning to do granite or upgrade the hardwood, i'd consider waiting until after closing. Price it out, ours was cheaper to do after we moved in.

We went with the upgraded berber, if you have kids or are planning on it I'd recommend it.

Tamarack has tons of tile choices and their upgraded tile prices we found pretty reasonable. I think we paid around $600 for our kitchen backsplash which included taking away the counter lip and placing the tile on an angle.
Old 2009-06-29, 08:54 AM
Regular User

Phase 1 of a new location is the most risky when it comes to delays, they just don't know what the city, and lot, will throw at them. I don't know the reasons behind the HMB delay, but they were hoping to pour my foundation at the beginning of April and actually poured it in June (we have up to the second floor framed now).

So I'm thinking that whatever happened, between permits or services, they were pushed back a significant amount, and they are actually catching up now, since our closing was only moved a month and they were two months late on our foundation.

I'm hoping they stay at this date though because selling a home for Christmas is not a fun thought.
Old 2009-07-31, 01:56 PM
Regular User

Just got the call for our first design centre appointment. Seemed earlier than we had expected so I asked what closing date they had in their system, and much to my surprise, it had been moved up by 3 weeks (from 02/24/10 to 02/03/10). I'm going to try to keep my excitement over that to a minimum so as not to jinx it, but even one less day stuck in our crappy apartment is more than I could ask for.

This thread is pretty quiet, was kind of hoping more of my future neighbours might be lurking around some place.
Eton (Option #2)
Abetti Ridge

Old 2009-08-25, 06:19 PM
Regular User

Our foundation went in last Friday, rather exciting to the towns getting started. The ones across and down the street have a bunch of the framing done. It's going to be awesome driving out there every week to see the progress being made.

I'm surprised there aren't more of my soon to be neighbours on this board...
Eton (Option #2)
Abetti Ridge

Old 2009-08-26, 07:57 AM
Regular User

Yes, those towns are going up extremely fast right now. A lot of exterior work has been happening lately. I suspect the sunny days have to do with that.

We had our frame walkthrough on Monday. A few things need fixing, but all fairly minor stuff.

Everything looks on schedule as well which is great since we sold our current home last weekend, we have a time limit now!
Old 2009-08-26, 08:33 PM
Regular User

We are thinking of buying there and were going to go to the sales center tonight but the website says it's closed until Saturday...does anyone know if there are still semis available?