Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > York Region > Markham / Thornhill / Vaughan

Markham / Thornhill / Vaughan Arista, Aspen Ridge, Avant, Ballantry, BurOak, Sierra Homes, CastleSquare, H&R, Lakeview, Cathedraltown, Mattamy, Country Wide, Starlane, Esquire Homes, Fieldgate, Forest Hill, Royal Park Homes, Great West, Greenpark, Kylemore, Remington Homes, Silver Valley, Laurier, Madison, Monarch, Liberty, Rosehaven, Sky Homes, Touchstone, Kylemore

Old 2011-03-18, 07:54 AM
Regular User

I totally agree with your comment. These days, $400,000+ range will only get you a semi in the York Region. To afford a $600,000+ house, a two income family is a definite must. IMO.

As you know, everyone involved into building a house is going to take a big cut at the profit, starting from the raw land owner to the land developer to the trades and finally the builder.

Overall, the entire area will cost well $100M's to build and that's the risk the land developer & builders have to factor in.
Old 2011-04-25, 02:09 PM
Regular User

Default Sales are slowing down...

Quote:
Originally Posted by khll View Post
Medallion has sold about 21 of their 44 phase 3 lots. Majority of the sold units are located on Savona and Muret. After they increased their prices a week ago, I believe they have only sold 2 lots.

Tiffany is still offering only about 22 lots on Jazz and Barletta. They have sold a little more than half of them. The lots on Muret and Savona are still not available for sale yet.
Since the last time I reported the sales figure, I thought I would update you again.

Tiffany still hasn't release the lots on Muret & Savona. They want to sell the remaining few lots before they release those lots on Muret & Savona as another phase. There is apparently a waiting list for a special lot on Muret that backs onto the forest/ ravine (Lot #99, I believe). Hence, those lots will likely be built in 2012 and likely at an increased price.

For Medallion, they haven't sold much since the middle of March. I believe they have only sold two (2) more lots in one month. They still have about 17lots remaining, mostly located close to Peter Rupert. It appears Medallion's prices may be too high, especially when there are re-sale homes to be had for close to $100k less.
Old 2011-06-04, 03:11 PM
Regular User

Default Sales update on June 4

Here's a sales update on Tiffany and Medallion...

Medallion has sold all but 3 lots. The remaining 3 lots are located on Jazz and Barletta. The builder increased the prices by another $20k this week. The builder still hasn't started their construction for phase 3 yet.

Meanwhile for Tiffany, they have started to release their lots on Muret and Savona this week. I think in total they have about 15 lots to sell. They have sold about 2 so far already. For Lot #99, they are not selling due to "architectural control issues" (whatever that means) as posted on their front door. Tiffany have increased on their prices as well, I think also about $20k.

So, I think Medallion and Tiffany will be sold out fairly soon...
Old 2011-06-07, 07:39 AM
Regular User

For Medallion, after this Phase 3 is sold out. Medallion has another parcel which is also called Phase 3 but locate on Pullman Rd/Grand Trunk Ave/Carrier Cres/Silker St/Oberfrick Ave/Edison Place.

Total of 73 lots (40 frontage ft) will be available. Timeline of release: Late Fall 2011 (prelim projection)

After this is done .... That is it ! There will be no Phase 4.

For those who are looking in Maple area, Medallion is doing another project @ Weston Rd/Maj Mac. Many phases and Phase 1 is currently being constructed.

Last edited by bobblehead; 2011-06-07 at 07:42 AM.
Old 2011-06-07, 10:52 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
For Medallion, after this Phase 3 is sold out. Medallion has another parcel which is also called Phase 3 but locate on Pullman Rd/Grand Trunk Ave/Carrier Cres/Silker St/Oberfrick Ave/Edison Place.

Total of 73 lots (40 frontage ft) will be available. Timeline of release: Late Fall 2011 (prelim projection)

After this is done .... That is it ! There will be no Phase 4.

For those who are looking in Maple area, Medallion is doing another project @ Weston Rd/Maj Mac. Many phases and Phase 1 is currently being constructed.

Thanks Bobblehead for the update. I wasn't aware that Medallion still has 73 more lots in the area you mentioned. I thought that the entire area belonged to HR Developments. But, I just checked HR's website and it appears not all of those lots belong to them. I am guessing the remainder belongs to Medallion.

I think all those lots are 40 ft longs because HR are only selling 40 or 45 ft lots. Probably not selling any 30 fts anymore I assume.