Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2014-04-25, 12:12 PM

Question 4 bedroom Richcraft Dellwood photos?

Hello,

My family is looking to purchase a 4 bedroom Dellwood in Fernbank Crossing. Before we buy, we are interrested in what the living room looks like with the 4th bedroom on top. I tried to search the web with no luck. Only finding pictures of 3 bedroom Dellwood.

Would someone be so kind to take a picture of living room of their 4 bedroom Dellwood? We are concerned about the light and if the extra bedroom really changes the look and feel of the house. The living room with windows and all the light coming in really make this house beautiful.

Thank you so much!
Old 2014-04-25, 09:20 PM
Regular User

Hi Jen,

I have a 4 bedroom Dellwood. We actually have tons of sun light in our living room but it really depends on how your house is facing. We actually had too much light so most of the time our blinds are shut.

What did bother me with the 4 bedroom is that at night, it's difficult to light the entire living room. What we did was go get a ceiling fan with a lamp that had the highest watts. Still I find it a bit dark... light gets trapped in the "vaulted" ceiling.

Another problem I find with the Dellwood, is that the nook is too small. The formal dining room is in the front, away from the kitchen so we barely ever use it. The nook is connected to the kitchen and we are always running into our "island".

Although the 4 bedroom house is great because it has 4 bedrooms, aside from the Master bedroom, the other bedrooms are pretty tiny.

I also find that it is difficult to maintain a steady temperature throughout the house (whether it be hot or cold). The Master bedroom is built above the garage, it is always much colder than the rest of the house. So we turn up the heat because we are in the Master bedroom but then the other bedrooms are too hot.

Sorry for sounding so discouraging but I don't think I would buy this house again!

Jennifer
Old 2014-04-26, 11:51 AM
Regular User

We didn't have the Dellwood, but a 3 bedroom Foxborough. We also originally really liked the open to above family room and the wall with all the windows and lots of light. We quickly grew to dislike it though.

As the earlier posted stated, the windows let in too much light and makes it really difficult to find a comfortable temperature. We constantly had a fan going in summer to try and cool the room and reversed in winter to push the heat down.

We ended up frosting the windows above to reduce the amount of sun and to provide privacy. Houses that backed onto us could easily look into these windows and see us moving around on our second floor.

And then there is the issue of noise. The family room is completely open to the bedrooms up above. Any sound or noise from the family room was easily heard in the bedrooms above. This was compounded by the fact that the television volume had to be higher to accommodate the high ceiling and the room being open to the kitchen. Conversations from the family room could easily be heard in the master bedroom upstairs.
Old 2014-04-27, 10:25 PM
Regular User

We were going to put up these UV window film on those windows in the living room but were told by our home inspector the window warranty.