Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2015-11-25, 11:09 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by suezuki650 View Post
Cartier is doing the kitchens. The gas line for my townhouse is $511. I don't know if it's the same for everyone. Also, there is another charge to upgrade the gas line if you will have 5 or more items using gas.

In my case I'll have the furnace, hot water tank, fireplace and BBQ for sure. I'm thinking of having a gas fireplace in the basement later on and I'm toying with doing a gas stove.
Maybe it's a different scenario here but when we added a gas heater for our pool last fall, we were advised to give Enbridge a call as we needed a larger pipe (1.5" instead of 1") to handle the potential draw that our appliances might now be using (BBQ, fireplace, tankless system, furnace, pool heater).

A quick call into Enbridge and a short questionnaire to fill out (asking how many BTUs each appliance was drawing) and they came out a few weeks later and replaced the line at no cost.
Old 2015-12-07, 10:17 AM
Regular User

We have our design appointment scheduled for next week. I guess everyone else is getting theirs soon as well?

I'm glad that I'd already spent quite a bit of time at the design centre picking out finishes.
Old 2015-12-07, 10:27 AM
Regular User

Yes, we have our design center appointment scheduled for next week as well! Still have a ton of choices to make. lol.

The roads are paved now in the new community! We visited our lot yesterday afternoon when nobody was working!!
Old 2015-12-07, 11:46 AM
Regular User

Hello everyone, myself and my fiancée just finalized our purchase for a Parkside in Phase 4 on Damselfly way, lot 22.

Looks like we will be late to the party and don't move in until January 2017 but look forward to meeting all our new neighbours!
Old 2015-12-07, 01:06 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale View Post
Yes, we have our design center appointment scheduled for next week as well! Still have a ton of choices to make. lol.

The roads are paved now in the new community! We visited our lot yesterday afternoon when nobody was working!!
Do you mean Buffalograss is paved already? I might have to wander down there then just to take a look at my spot to be.
Old 2015-12-07, 02:35 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpa View Post
Hello everyone, myself and my fiancée just finalized our purchase for a Parkside in Phase 4 on Damselfly way, lot 22.

Looks like we will be late to the party and don't move in until January 2017 but look forward to meeting all our new neighbours!
Welcome Alpa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by suezuki650 View Post
Do you mean Buffalograss is paved already? I might have to wander down there then just to take a look at my spot to be.
Yes it certainly is! I took a loop around it yesterday.
Old 2015-12-08, 02:55 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale View Post
Welcome Alpa!

Yes it certainly is! I took a loop around it yesterday.
I'm not sure about on your side of things but in our area you could see where the water mains, street posts, fire hydrants and utility boxes on your street would be by the wiring and infrastructure they had put up as of the weekend.
Old 2015-12-17, 03:48 PM
Regular User

Finished my design appointment this morning. I'm glad I had done my homework before going. I had all my options in a spreadsheet and all of my colours picked before the appointment.

I still had some questions on some of the options so there were a few decisions to make there, as well as questions on where plugs and lights were.

All in all, it went well. I was within a few hundred of my spreadsheet. Just under $30K after my credits were applied, including the extra window openings. I'm planning on staying for a long time so added things that had been on my wish list.
Old 2015-12-18, 12:31 PM
Regular User

We had our design center appointment yesterday afternoon! We sat with Erin. I was surprised that it took the whole three hours. Like you we had our colours and upgrades already picked out but I guess it's just the amount of paperwork required.

Now we just need to find time to double and triple check everything.
Old 2015-12-18, 12:58 PM
Regular User

Erin was my designer as well. At first I was a little frustrated as I had my upgraded in the same order as the book, and she was going room by room, but in the end it was fine and we double checked anything that was missed.

It took me about 2.5 hrs. I can't imagine how much time it would take if you hadn't planned everything. She made some good suggestions I wouldn't have thought of (if you move central vac to garage you don't have a run in the basement anymore so it's good to add in). Some things had to be done a certain way to follow the rules (you can't just delete the light in the living room, you have to add an outlet controlled by a switch).

Now I'm just second guessing myself on countertop edging and where in the garage my central vac will go.

My current garage is 2 feet wider than my new one will be. In the winter I have the motorcycle across the front, the kayak hanging from the ceiling, the snowblower tucked into the front corner, the bench with the firewood... how will this all work in the new place???? don't need the bench with the firewood but the rest?