Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2018-07-17, 02:43 PM
Regular User

SteveR - we also had Acker do our one year inspection and it was worth it. He found a few "insignificant" things that needed HN's attention. We were happy that he found nothing major and had great things to say about the quality of our build.
Old 2018-07-23, 08:34 AM
Regular User

Hey all!

Excited to be running into you in the neighbourhood. We signed the papers for a Rockway in Phase 8? I believe. Off of Ralph Henessey.

Does anyone own this model? Can anyone chime in on upgrades that you’ve decided to go with or wish you had gone with?

My partner and I are conflicted on paying for the hardwood landing/foyer upgrade on the second floor at the top of the stairs. He says that it can be done in the future at a much lower price but I’m concerned that the colours won’t match!

Thanks for your input!
Old 2018-07-23, 11:02 PM
Regular User

The one thing we found about the hardwood upstairs is that it’s quite a premium to get the matching wood vents as opposed to plastic or metal vents. If you can match the manufacturer and the stain colour I don’t see why you’d have an issue. When we bought HN it was Mercier. I don’t know if they still use the same manufacturer.
Old 2018-07-29, 05:46 PM

Hello! I am considering an HN home and would be happy with some help regarding the models. Who has one of the 2 models? The ELMHURST or The KENSON? I am most worried about the kitchen - I like where there is room and open space..

1)The Kenson - I saw the model but don't really like the idea of the pantry being not part of the kitchen and are those enough cabinets? did somebody expand the dining area or kitchen somehow? seems a bit tight in space - especially for the refrigerator.

2) The ELMHURST - is the kitchen big enough? the refrigerator's layout seem not convenient - I read some of you put it in the pantry.

If you can also PM me pictures that would be great because I am a visual person and it would help alot ) thanks in advance!
Old 2019-02-21, 11:13 PM

Default Any Healey townhouse owners out there?

Would love to hear what people think of their Healey townhouse....or any others that have moved into towns and could comment on the finished products??
Thanks!
Old 2019-02-22, 07:58 PM
Regular User

Love the Healey town. A lot of space. Pluses - the double car garage and open floor plan on the first floor. The family room in the basement is huge. Upstairs the master and ensuite are great. I also like the laundry upstairs.

Am not a big fan of the triangle step in the staircase. Just a personal preference. Also the smallest bedroom is quite small. Personally I would rather see the home converted to a 3 bedroom by removing the wall between the front bedrooms, creating a 2 ensuite home.

For this price point, I also think the bathroom in the basement should be standard. There doesn't seem to be a lot of storage in the basement.

I really wish they had it as a model.
Old 2019-03-01, 09:04 AM

Hi All,

Just purchased a Lynwood townhome model during their release on Sat Feb 9th, 2019. Does anyone else have any experiences to share about the quality of HN's townhomes?

Just wanted to get some background on the builder and if anyone has anything to share on their personal experiences with HN homes!

Anyone else purchase at their Phase 15 release?

Thanks!
Old 2019-03-04, 03:00 PM

Hey all!

Just purchased a HN Townhome and was told to prepare exact measurements for appliances to get a "perfect fit". Did anyone provide the exact measurements?

Since closing date is more than a year from now, I'm not sure if stores can hold onto appliances for that long. So I was planning to get a bigger than average dimension so it can fit most appliances, regardless of which brand.

Any advice? Did anyone else have a similar situation?

Last edited by Amix; 2019-03-04 at 03:02 PM.
Old 2019-03-04, 03:03 PM
Regular User

Canadian Appliance stores can hold your order for you if place a deposit. They won't order your appliances in until you've paid in full 3 weeks before delivery. Were you thinking of counter depth fridge? Are you going for a cook top and a separate wall oven or an oven/cooktop combo?
Old 2019-03-04, 03:17 PM

Yes, we are planning to get a counter depth fridge and a range as the stove/oven.

My only concern is once I put a deposit and one year down the road, the appliance store won't have that model anymore - is this a scenario that could occur?