Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2016-03-04, 08:34 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveR View Post
Ahhh pictures would be incredible!! Do I have to do anything to enable PM's? I have some questions I can ask via PM as well. My wife really wants the Elmhurst and that may help us decide.

We haven't decided on a lot. To be honest there aren't that many that we like in RSS. We thought about Dafodil crt but the lots aren't great that are left. Lot 5 has everyone looking into our backyard and the other lot borders kind of a busy road? and also has two homes looking out onto our backyard. I feel like if I'm spending this much money I don't want to sacrifice that.
Lot 5 has to be a bungalow we were torn for a loooong time with the lot choices being so limited so I definitely understand what you are saying, but in the end, the design of the home overweighted all else.
Old 2016-03-04, 09:29 PM
Regular User

Hi Ducklings,

When do you move in? Along with the Kenson and Elmhurst we also thought about the Arlington. It looks like it could be a beautiful house. Are you cornering onto Spratt? My wife and I were discussing that lot a month or two ago haha.

The design of the home may win out.

Does anyone know what builders are also sharing Daffodil Court? Are they Urbandale homes? I wonder if some of them can be transferred to HNHomes.. I'd love to buy beside lot 4 or 9.

Last edited by SteveR; 2016-03-04 at 09:33 PM.
Old 2016-03-04, 10:04 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Hi Ducklings,

When do you move in? Along with the Kenson and Elmhurst we also thought about the Arlington. It looks like it could be a beautiful house. Are you cornering onto Spratt? My wife and I were discussing that lot a month or two ago haha.

The design of the home may win out.

Does anyone know what builders are also sharing Daffodil Court? Are they Urbandale homes? I wonder if some of them can be transferred to HNHomes.. I'd love to buy beside lot 4 or 9.
I am I think I might know how your discussion on this lot went lol, but like I said, the design of the home won in the end. We move in JUne 2017, only a year and 3 months away

I remember seeing a bungalow already built beside lot 4, or is it one more lot over....not sure who's sharing the court with HN, Thomas the sales might know
Old 2016-03-04, 10:08 PM
Regular User

I'm happy to hear we'll be neighbours Ducklings! What is your closing date, in about a year I'm guessing? I've always been intrigued by the Arlington, it's a really unique floor plan, I like it a lot. Hopefully you'll take me for a tour one day The model looks especially great from the rear and will be stunning on the corner. What brick package do you think you're going with? Our lawyer did find something that he wanted changed. Unfortunately it was over a year ago and neither of us can remember what that was. It was some legal jargon that was meaningless to us anyway lol.

SteveR - Urbandale is the other builder and the only remaining lot is the one that backs onto the utility area. The two lots you like are occupied homes already. I think you might need to do something to enable PMs, I'll get back to you on that.
Old 2016-03-04, 10:49 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducklings View Post
I am I think I might know how your discussion on this lot went lol, but like I said, the design of the home won in the end. We move in JUne 2017, only a year and 3 months away
Hahah We were close on it. Very close but to be honest at the time I was more looking at the Kenson so the 50 ft lots I didn't entertain that much. I'm not sure what happened from then until now but I guess the sticker shock is wearing off and I seem to be more accepting of spending 650K I am very much appreciating an extra 6 ft of lot space right now.
Old 2016-03-05, 08:51 AM
Regular User

SteveR you need to enable private messages. It's been a long time since I set mine up, I think you click on your profile name and do it. There's a button for it somewhere in your profile settings.

I guess lot 6 on Daffodil is the only remaining 50' lot in RSS.
Old 2016-03-05, 12:12 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobaltBlue View Post
I'm happy to hear we'll be neighbours Ducklings! What is your closing date, in about a year I'm guessing? I've always been intrigued by the Arlington, it's a really unique floor plan, I like it a lot. Hopefully you'll take me for a tour one day The model looks especially great from the rear and will be stunning on the corner. What brick package do you think you're going with? Our lawyer did find something that he wanted changed. Unfortunately it was over a year ago and neither of us can remember what that was. It was some legal jargon that was meaningless to us anyway lol.

SteveR - Urbandale is the other builder and the only remaining lot is the one that backs onto the utility area. The two lots you like are occupied homes already. I think you might need to do something to enable PMs, I'll get back to you on that.
We close in June 2017 (started the process a little early lol), no problem with the tour I'd love to tour your Elmhurst too, it would have been a contender for sure but we really wanted 3 bathrooms upstairs.how do you find the garage ceiling insulation? Urbandale uses R40 whereas HN is R32, I'm wondering if we should go with R40 since the master bedroom will be right on top of the garage.
Old 2016-03-05, 12:19 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Hahah We were close on it. Very close but to be honest at the time I was more looking at the Kenson so the 50 ft lots I didn't entertain that much. I'm not sure what happened from then until now but I guess the sticker shock is wearing off and I seem to be more accepting of spending 650K I am very much appreciating an extra 6 ft of lot space right now.
Richcraft has some interesting 50 ft lots near the high school, it's really too bad HN has nothing there
Old 2016-03-05, 02:33 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobaltBlue View Post
SteveR you need to enable private messages. It's been a long time since I set mine up, I think you click on your profile name and do it. There's a button for it somewhere in your profile settings.

I guess lot 6 on Daffodil is the only remaining 50' lot in RSS.
Hi CobaltBlue. I think I enabled it. Let me know if you still can't send a PM.
Old 2016-03-05, 03:04 PM
Regular User

Do either of you know what backs onto the HNHomes lots on Daffodil court from the other builders? What size lots are on Green Gables lane?