Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > York Region > Stouffville > Stouffville - River Ridge, MainStreet and Country Lane

Stouffville - River Ridge, MainStreet and Country Lane For residents and soon-to-be residents of Stouffvilles Main Street and River Ridge, Great Gulf Homes, Fieldgate, Greenpark and more!

Old 2006-08-08, 03:10 PM
Regular User

Question School Buses ??

Does anyone know where (if) the school bus stops will be in our area?

I called the Student Transportation Services of York Region 905-713-2535 to ask and the persion I talked to wasn't aware of the roads in our area and said that they can't send busses in the area if there is any construction going on.
I told her that there will be construction for about 2 more years and some people will be moving in this fall.

It was recommended that we call the school shortly before we move and let the school know and they can try to set up a bus stop(s) as close as they can but they may be a few roads away depending on how close the bus can get due to the construction.

Construction causing a problem to get busses to the area is new to me as I have heard that in an area that would normally not have bus service - due to living too close to the school for example - would get bus service if walking would be too dangerous for the childrens due to - construction - was one example.

If any of us has kids that will need to be bussed to school, it might help if we all called the Student Transportation Services and or the school so they know the need.

J.
Old 2006-08-08, 04:17 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff & Mary
I called the Student Transportation Services of York Region 905-713-2535 to ask and the persion I talked to wasn't aware of the roads in our area and said that they can't send busses in the area if there is any construction going on.
??? We are on Whelers and the are building the school now it will be completed for next year, but construction on Whelers goes for many more years after that, all around the school. It will defiantly be a construction site for many years to come, so does that mean that they will not be bussing to that school?!?

I