Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > York Region > Stouffville > Stouffville - River Ridge, MainStreet and Country Lane

Stouffville - River Ridge, MainStreet and Country Lane For residents and soon-to-be residents of Stouffvilles Main Street and River Ridge, Great Gulf Homes, Fieldgate, Greenpark and more!

Old 2006-08-08, 03:10 PM
Regular User

Question School Buses ??

Does anyone know where (if) the school bus stops will be in our area?

I called the Student Transportation Services of York Region 905-713-2535 to ask and the persion I talked to wasn't aware of the roads in our area and said that they can't send busses in the area if there is any construction going on.
I told her that there will be construction for about 2 more years and some people will be moving in this fall.

It was recommended that we call the school shortly before we move and let the school know and they can try to set up a bus stop(s) as close as they can but they may be a few roads away depending on how close the bus can get due to the construction.

Construction causing a problem to get busses to the area is new to me as I have heard that in an area that would normally not have bus service - due to living too close to the school for example - would get bus service if walking would be too dangerous for the childrens due to - construction - was one example.

If any of us has kids that will need to be bussed to school, it might help if we all called the Student Transportation Services and or the school so they know the need.

J.
Old 2006-08-08, 04:17 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff & Mary
I called the Student Transportation Services of York Region 905-713-2535 to ask and the persion I talked to wasn't aware of the roads in our area and said that they can't send busses in the area if there is any construction going on.
??? We are on Whelers and the are building the school now it will be completed for next year, but construction on Whelers goes for many more years after that, all around the school. It will defiantly be a construction site for many years to come, so does that mean that they will not be bussing to that school?!?

I doubt it, the person you talked might not be on the ball, and they probably just have not set-up bus routes yet. In Richmond Hill the school buses entered our development when it was under construction.

Mike

Last edited by klmrobinson; 2006-08-09 at 10:29 AM.
Old 2006-08-08, 04:29 PM
Regular User

You mean there are going to be kids in this area?..
Old 2006-08-08, 07:24 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff & Mary
Does anyone know where (if) the school bus stops will be in our area?J.
I've also called to put the pressure on and will let you know how it goes. When I called Glad Park a couple of months ago, I was told to go to the school about 1 month ahead of time to register my daughter. They told me to bring a legal document as proof of our new address. They also said, they would arrange for bussing at that time.

Perhaps their view is that if a certain street is actively under construction, the bus won't go down that one street.

Has anyone looked at the border for Glad Park and Orchard Park schools? It appears some of the kids in the subdivision will be going to GP and some to OP. Wierd.

Linda
Own a house near 10th & Hoover Park.

P.S. Username should be John
Old 2006-08-08, 11:41 PM
Regular User

Default website

Hi All! If you look on the YRDSB website there is a link to student transportation services
www.schoolbuscity.com
If you go to "MAPNetWeb" Link you can choose your school and locate the closest stop to you. It also lists pick-up and drop off times. Very handy! I think the closest to Whelers (Glad Park) is at the corner of Ninth Line and Hoover Park. There is also a busing info session at Glad Park on August 24 at 6:30

Hope that Helps!
Cheri
Old 2006-08-09, 07:38 AM
Regular User

Actually, I saw that site and reviewed the map. However, I would prefer the stop be closer to our street. According to the School Bus Transportation Info pamphlet put out by the YRDS Board, elementary students may need to walk up to 400 meters to a stop.

I'm not going to worry about it at this point as it is several months before we move in. Hopefully, York Region will sort this issue out by then. I will express my concerns to the rep. at student transportation once she returns my call.

Last edited by John & Linda; 2006-08-09 at 12:14 PM.
Old 2006-08-09, 10:37 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbmcneil
Hi All! If you look on the YRDSB website there is a link to student transportation services
www.schoolbuscity.com
If you go to "MAPNetWeb" Link you can choose your school and locate the closest stop to you. It also lists pick-up and drop off times. Very handy! I think the closest to Whelers (Glad Park) is at the corner of Ninth Line and Hoover Park. There is also a busing info session at Glad Park on August 24 at 6:30

Hope that Helps!
Cheri

My neighbour was told that the bus stop for Glad Park is up by Sobey's. I assume this will change one more kids move in and get registered. I'm sure the info session will be very helpful.

Loraine
Old 2007-02-14, 10:10 AM

Default School Bus Stop

Is there any update on where the school bus stop in our area would be? Actually, our son will be going to St. Brigid Catholic School. Does anybody has an idea?
Old 2007-02-14, 01:01 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusteskim
Is there any update on where the school bus stop in our area would be? Actually, our son will be going to St. Brigid Catholic School. Does anybody has an idea?
This is the schedule for that school as of Feb. 14, 2007.
http://www.schoolbuscity.com/Public/...d=customPublic
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	St Brigid.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	310.4 KB
ID:	277  

Old 2007-02-20, 11:54 AM
Regular User

Rusteskim,

We were told by the transportation dept. that they won't send in a bus yet - they drive thru the area once in a while to check the progress of construction but say it is not save to send one in because of the activity on the roads (large delivery trucks, buldozers etc).

Check St Brigids for a before and after school program as a possible alternate.

J.