Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Durham Region > Durham - General

Durham - General For residents of and soon-to-be residents of Ajax, Oshawa, Pickering, Uxbridge, and Scugog

Old 2018-08-15, 02:21 PM

Anyone else get a polish washing machine?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	C3FF8CA1-A141-44B1-90BE-28CF0F6FC35D.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	299.9 KB
ID:	14502  
Old 2018-08-16, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer18 View Post
Do the bathrooms come equipped with towel/toilet paper holders? I am assuming not... but wanted to double check before purchasing any. I know it does come with the shower heads.
Nope, no towel/tp holders.
Old 2018-08-19, 02:02 PM

Default Property Tazes

Hi everyone, just curious...can anyone share how much someone paid for closing costs so it can help me have an idea on how much to set aside? Iíve asked my lawyer but couldnít really give me an exact number and this whole talk about taxes being part of it as well doesnít make me confident the lawyer is aware. So a rough idea would help...and if you can share if you are a first time home buyer as that would play a role.

Secondly, the bathrooms donít come equipoise with toiletítowel holders? Isnít that standard? Or the builder charges extra for that?
Old 2018-08-21, 07:22 PM
Regular User

Nope, I got an english one. How you managed to get a polish one baffles me. If anything I can take a picture of my unit when I get home so that you know what modes to use.
Old 2018-08-21, 07:24 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statz87 View Post
Hi everyone, just curious...can anyone share how much someone paid for closing costs so it can help me have an idea on how much to set aside? Iíve asked my lawyer but couldnít really give me an exact number and this whole talk about taxes being part of it as well doesnít make me confident the lawyer is aware. So a rough idea would help...and if you can share if you are a first time home buyer as that would play a role.

Secondly, the bathrooms donít come equipoise with toiletítowel holders? Isnít that standard? Or the builder charges extra for that?
I don't have the exact numbers. But I can double check later once I get home.

Also the units are supposed to come with the toilet paper/towel holders. They shouldn't be charging extra for that. If anything, just point out that it's missing on your PDI or your one month Tarion followup
Old 2018-08-21, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoofle View Post
I don't have the exact numbers. But I can double check later once I get home.

Also the units are supposed to come with the toilet paper/towel holders. They shouldn't be charging extra for that. If anything, just point out that it's missing on your PDI or your one month Tarion followup
Thank you for your response, if you can be so kind to give me a number that would help!
Old 2018-08-30, 12:10 PM
Regular User

How far I. Advance was anyone’s PDI scheduled? We’re occupying in 18 days and haven’t been contacted.
Old 2018-08-31, 12:02 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcarv View Post
How far I. Advance was anyoneís PDI scheduled? Weíre occupying in 18 days and havenít been contacted.
I was contacted about 3 weeks in advance. I am occupying Sept 6 (next Thurs) and my PDI is Tuesday morning.
Old 2018-08-31, 12:19 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer18 View Post
I was contacted about 3 weeks in advance. I am occupying Sept 6 (next Thurs) and my PDI is Tuesday morning.

Wow not much time for them to fix anything thatís wrong. We havenít been contacted yet. Weíre they flexible with the times or was it the same inflexibility as the design appointments ?
Old 2018-08-31, 12:34 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcarv View Post
Wow not much time for them to fix anything thatís wrong. We havenít been contacted yet. Weíre they flexible with the times or was it the same inflexibility as the design appointments ?
We didnít even try to change it, the way the email was worded was basically here is your date and time, the people on title need to attend and if youíre not able to, you have to let Averton know youíre sending someone else on your behalf or else their inspection person just does it themselves.