Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2011-09-27, 02:47 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcpl View Post
Wow... this thread has been great at pulling in first-time forum users.
Keep it up!
(that is a rolling eyes smily - that means I am being sarcastic)
Now why would you be so suspicious? It makes perfect sense to me that so many first time posters on a home building forum would make their first post about a snow blowing company! I would expect Stevewk's post to be responed to by another first time poster any time now!
Old 2011-09-27, 06:52 PM
Regular User

You guys are so cynical...LOVE IT! Yeah have got to say, a little fishy! How about speedy snow blowing give some of the senior form members free or almost free service and if we have a great experience we'll recommend for next year
Old 2011-09-28, 08:53 AM
Regular User

Are you suggesting that the rate could be based on something like post count?
Old 2011-09-28, 08:54 AM
Regular User

That is a completely
Old 2011-09-28, 08:55 AM
Regular User

fantastic idea!!
Old 2011-09-28, 09:33 AM
Regular User

As a senior member, i would be all up for free services. Although, I just had Speedy here at parent's house to give me a quote to do our front and side walkway... $225 plus $299 to do our double driveway!!!! I think that is a little much...so we will be going with our tried and true normal plow.
Old 2011-09-28, 09:47 AM
Regular User

As my post count likely does not qualify me for the top discount. I will be using my new snow thrower (just picking it up today).

http://www.costco.ca/Browse/Product....54*&lang=en-CA

It is $1,200 online but available in store (Gloucester) for $900.
Old 2011-09-28, 03:12 PM

lol...not the most welcoming bunch are we? I feel like the new kid who hasn't proven himself cool enough yet

For the more friendly members out there, I got a similar quote to the one useful response my FP got and was interested in their equipment and track record before booking them reference free. This is my first time contracting out snow removal as my wife will be at home with our newborn over this winter and I won't be there during the day to clear the snow for her. Think I'm gonna get a few more quotes before making my final decision. Kodiak's pretty expensive but their real-time, online GPS tractor tracking is kind of cool and they have a decent track record from feedback I've gotten so far.

If the suspecting "cool kids" care to weigh-in, they can verify my "coolness" before responding by typing "Speedy Snowblowing" into google.ca and confirm where the first search result lands you.
Old 2011-09-29, 09:10 AM
Regular User

Well steve, I will admit that stevewk does not fit with the current pro-speedy form of initial + last name (kmehta mconnelly). Sorry for the skepticism.

My advice, take this thread and any pro-speedy advice with a grain of salt. You may want to check this out. It offers a couple of comparisons between Speedy and Kodiak. Our single poster friend dmirecki seems to have also posted there.
http://homestars.com/companies/27586...ow-blowing-inc
Old 2011-09-29, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcpl View Post
Well steve, I will admit that stevewk does not fit with the current pro-speedy form of initial + last name (kmehta mconnelly). Sorry for the skepticism.

My advice, take this thread and any pro-speedy advice with a grain of salt. You may want to check this out. It offers a couple of comparisons between Speedy and Kodiak. Our single poster friend dmirecki seems to have also posted there.
http://homestars.com/companies/27586...ow-blowing-inc
No worries...I can understand how annoying it would if there's been a history of undercover self promoters advertising under the guise of advice. Just wasn't expecting to get called out on my FP

Thanks for the link. A whole row of townhouses across the street have Speedy signs on their lawns but I have yet to get a good readout on their past performance. I'm not planning on regularly contracting snow removal after this season so I'm leaning towards Kodiak at this point to increase our chances of a good experience. Well that just about concludes my 'Speedy' investigation, so this thread can now resume withering away...