Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > York Region > King Township / Kleinburg Hills

King Township / Kleinburg Hills Aspen Ridge, Country Wide Homes and more!

Old 2015-04-22, 09:35 AM
Regular User

Default Gates Of Nobleton

I recently purchased a home in the new development Gates of Nobleton by Tribute and I just wanted to start a thread in this forum for people to discuss anything they want about this development.

Has anyone had their decor appointment yet, any tips or advice to give?
Old 2015-04-22, 07:37 PM
Regular User

Thanks for starting this thread!
We purchased there last year too, and have the closing in August next year.
I think it will take a while for our decor appointment, and I guess it will depend on when you have your closing.

We haven't decided much on the upgrades, as we haven't been to the decor centre yet (I am not sure if the decor centre is even open yet)

Do you happen to know when the earliest closing in the development is?

Last edited by Sage; 2015-04-22 at 07:40 PM.
Old 2015-04-22, 10:51 PM
Regular User

Hello fellow Tribute buyers! We also purchased last year and won't be closing before June 2016. I suspect we will face some delays as I've heard everything is behind schedule. The model homes were suppose to be finished by now but they won't be ready until August.

As for the decor centre, it is located at 1795 Ironstone Manor Unit 5 in Pickering. Their website says you can visit without an appointment on Saturdays (excluding long weekends)between 1-5 p.m. I plan to drop by one of these Saturdays. It will be fun to window shop especially when you don't know the prices. They are working on the decor pricing books for each model. They don't have anything yet at the office but hopefully they will soon.

Has anyone considered any structural upgrades?
Old 2015-04-23, 09:16 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage View Post
Thanks for starting this thread!
We purchased there last year too, and have the closing in August next year.
I think it will take a while for our decor appointment, and I guess it will depend on when you have your closing.

We haven't decided much on the upgrades, as we haven't been to the decor centre yet (I am not sure if the decor centre is even open yet)

Do you happen to know when the earliest closing in the development is?
We bought in Phase 1, our closing is May of next year. I'm not sure when the earliest closing is, but I heard that those people have been delayed, at the rate of construction I think all closings will be delayed.
Old 2015-04-23, 11:05 AM
Regular User

Default Basement Windows

One of the structural upgrades that we were thinking of besides increasing the height of the basement was to increase the size of the basement windows. Does anyone know the standard size of the basement windows? We were quoted $1250 per window to increase to 36x 24 with a window well. This sounds quite expensive. Any thoughts?
Old 2015-04-23, 11:11 AM
Regular User

We were thinking about increasing the basement window sizes as well, but I haven't seen the final grading layout, so I don't know if I would pay extra for a larger window with a window well, defeats the purpose IMO.
Old 2015-04-23, 01:02 PM
Regular User

I am with a different builder, but that does seem high to me. Our home came with 36x24 to begin with and the cost to upgrade to 48x24 was $300 each. Also, the cost to add a 90x24 casement window to the front elevation (basement) was in the vicinity of what you were quoted (which is just to increase the size of a pre-existing window, and probably still a slider). Seems high for an upgrade price - seems high even if it were the price to add a window of that size.
Old 2015-04-23, 01:32 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryengjoe View Post
We bought in Phase 1, our closing is May of next year. I'm not sure when the earliest closing is, but I heard that those people have been delayed, at the rate of construction I think all closings will be delayed.
I think they still have enough time to catch up. And they seem to be going at a good rate now.
I did get a letter or an email some time ago saying that it MAY be delayed.
I will be visiting the sales centre in the next few days, and will try to find out more.

I do know that for the ones who purchase now, they are offering the closing for the end of next year.
Old 2015-04-23, 08:04 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Franchi View Post
I am with a different builder, but that does seem high to me. Our home came with 36x24 to begin with and the cost to upgrade to 48x24 was $300 each. Also, the cost to add a 90x24 casement window to the front elevation (basement) was in the vicinity of what you were quoted (which is just to increase the size of a pre-existing window, and probably still a slider). Seems high for an upgrade price - seems high even if it were the price to add a window of that size.
Thanks Don for the information. It's hard to know whether to proceed with some of these upgrades if you don't have a basic understanding of home building. I really appreciate info from those who have gone through this process before even if it has been with a different builder...so please chime in any time!
Old 2015-04-23, 08:14 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryengjoe View Post
We were thinking about increasing the basement window sizes as well, but I haven't seen the final grading layout, so I don't know if I would pay extra for a larger window with a window well, defeats the purpose IMO.
Hi Ryengjoe. Can you explain how the grading layout will affect your decision to increase the window sizes? I was certainly disappointed when they told me it would have to be with a window well. I am not sure why there has to be a window well at all...