Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > York Region > King Township / Kleinburg Hills

King Township / Kleinburg Hills Aspen Ridge, Country Wide Homes and more!

Old 2019-11-06, 10:53 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by letstry View Post
Check this out and reply for the survey
Itís about the speed and Traffic Calming Pilot what they did in our neighborhood

https://speaking.king.ca/traffic-calming-program
I understand that traffic calming is an issue, but seriously the bumps and bollards are way tooo aggressive and excessive. I can agree on speed bumps or humps, but the 14-16 bollards around each speed bump is excessive. And has anyone watched the emergency vehicles ever soo slowly go through all 3 of the speed bumps/bollard set ups? 100% slowed down response time by at least 2-3 minutes. Our subdivision also looks even trashier than before the speed bumps/bollard calming method went up. What a mess, I am soo glad that they are down and hope they do not go back up. The bollards are too much.
Old 2019-11-07, 11:17 AM
Regular User

The irony is that just after they went up, a kid was hit by a car on a roundabout. My wife was one of the first on the scene. The kid was alert and my wife left when EMS arrived, so we assume he would be fine, but how do you hit a kid? Even if they dart onto the road, you watch kids and you drive slow enough to react to unexpected things.

These calming measures will not prevent bad drivers from doing stupid things. This morning I was in a roundabout and had to hit the brakes as a massive Cadillac SUV came barreling at the roundabout from Bluff Trail, not expecting I might already be in the circle. There are some terrible drivers in our neighbourhood.

Unless you put speed humps every 10 feet, the worst drivers will speed up between them to make up time. I thought they might be necessary, but now I'm torn. I wonder if they are going to make things worse. The electronic speed warning sign on Parkheights is a good idea. The damn thing is strict, too. It got me this morning for going 42kph. It gets your attention.
Old 2019-11-07, 07:34 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BartBandy View Post
The irony is that just after they went up, a kid was hit by a car on a roundabout. My wife was one of the first on the scene. The kid was alert and my wife left when EMS arrived, so we assume he would be fine, but how do you hit a kid? Even if they dart onto the road, you watch kids and you drive slow enough to react to unexpected things.

These calming measures will not prevent bad drivers from doing stupid things. This morning I was in a roundabout and had to hit the brakes as a massive Cadillac SUV came barreling at the roundabout from Bluff Trail, not expecting I might already be in the circle. There are some terrible drivers in our neighbourhood.

Unless you put speed humps every 10 feet, the worst drivers will speed up between them to make up time. I thought they might be necessary, but now I'm torn. I wonder if they are going to make things worse. The electronic speed warning sign on Parkheights is a good idea. The damn thing is strict, too. It got me this morning for going 42kph. It gets your attention.

Yes, I drove by shortly after that accident occurred. And I agree, regardless of the traffic calming methods, there are still bad drivers. But also, how about bad pedestrians!? I donít know about you, but those push button signals at the crosswalks near the large park on Parkheights ó people just seem to assume itís a free crosswalk and itís not necessary to wait until a vehicle stops to cross the road. Itís happened to me a bunch of times....ppl just decide to cross without waiting for me to stop.

But we as a community need to say something about the bollards; they are a mess and create confusion for people driving at night, emergency vehicles go super slow through them, they block driveways, block the mailbox, make our neighbourhood look unsafe because it gives the message that a bunch of maniac drivers live around here, but they also make our subdivision look junky!

I donít mind the hump/bumps....but not the 14 bollards around each speed bump!
Old 2019-11-12, 01:20 PM
Regular User

Default Helicopter Circling KCE today

Anyone know why the Helicopter was circling the neighborhood today between 11:45 - 12:30pm? Typically they pass overhead, but one was circling this area for an extended period today.