Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Simcoe

Simcoe Orillia, Lake Simcoe, Lake Couchiching to Collingwood, Georgian Triangle, Barrie, Alliston, Cookstown, Tottenham, Bradford, Holland Marsh, Midland, Penetanguishene, Georgian Bay, Trent Severn Waterway.

Old 2014-07-23, 01:27 PM
Regular User

Default Tottenham homes

Hi All,

Considering buying a home from brookfield in Tottenham. Wanted to get opinions on the town and area. Worth while investment? The prices are great.

Thoughts, comments?
Old 2014-07-29, 08:10 PM
Regular User

anyone bought or considering buying in Tottenham?
Old 2014-07-30, 02:49 PM
Regular User

I considered Mill Street Village but ended up buying in Beeton which is just up North of Tottenham.
Some things to note: driving distance to GTA, small town feel, no big name retailers, nice conservation area, Cookstown outlet mall not too far, affordability for homes is a lot better in tottenham then Nobleton which I believe you were considering.
Actually, IMO, Nobleton and Tottenham are not that much different except for the fact that Nobleton is a higher class area and is closer to the GTA.
If your not that picky, Tottenham has pretty much everything you need...2 banks, Foodland, Home Hardware, Pharmacy, small mall, Tim Horton, rec centre, a few restaurants and a few schools.

Have you tried looking at other builders in Tottenham? I think there's at least 3 there now.
Which model are you considering in Brookfield homes btw?

Regards,
John
Old 2014-07-30, 08:56 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by azn_popcorn View Post
I considered Mill Street Village but ended up buying in Beeton which is just up North of Tottenham.
Some things to note: driving distance to GTA, small town feel, no big name retailers, nice conservation area, Cookstown outlet mall not too far, affordability for homes is a lot better in tottenham then Nobleton which I believe you were considering.
Actually, IMO, Nobleton and Tottenham are not that much different except for the fact that Nobleton is a higher class area and is closer to the GTA.
If your not that picky, Tottenham has pretty much everything you need...2 banks, Foodland, Home Hardware, Pharmacy, small mall, Tim Horton, rec centre, a few restaurants and a few schools.

Have you tried looking at other builders in Tottenham? I think there's at least 3 there now.
Which model are you considering in Brookfield homes btw?

Regards,
John
i was looking a brookfield. i'm debating between tottenham and klienburg. leaning towards klienburg to be honest. Bite the bullet.
Old 2015-02-22, 01:29 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyd1981 View Post
i was looking a brookfield. i'm debating between tottenham and klienburg. leaning towards klienburg to be honest. Bite the bullet.
Tottenham and kleinburg are completely different. Access to amenities much higher in kleinburg and much closer to torornto.
Old 2015-02-23, 09:20 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auroran View Post
Tottenham and kleinburg are completely different. Access to amenities much higher in kleinburg and much closer to torornto.
I ended up purchasing in Kleinburg. Being Kleinburg and with hwy 427 being extended to major mac, it's a lot easier to get around.