Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > York Region > Stouffville

Stouffville Moving to Stouffville? Already living there? This section is for you.

Old 2011-06-27, 09:17 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by realtycoon View Post
Another thumbs down for NYS (Steak House on Main Street in the Beer Store plaza)
Expensive, slow service and mediocore food for the price you are paying.,
Interesting. I went there last week, and had a very good experience overall. The food was actually *very* good. Maybe it depends on the cook that is in charge on a particular day?
Although I have to agree it is a bit expensive.

We are planning to try more restaurants in Stouffville in the coming months. We will check those recommended by you first. Thanks!
Old 2011-06-29, 09:45 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by graves View Post
Anyway, price is more than reasonable and the meat quality is excellent. I bought 4 chicken legs last time for just over $8, and they were huge! The eggs they sell are from grain fed free range chickens from local farms. No antibios or hormones etc. Dozen for just under $3. Compared to almost $6 at Walmart.
$6 for a dozen eggs?!? Dang..these best be some magical eggs, because I pay $2 a dozen at Shoppers Drug Mart.

My experience at NYS Steak Co was good. But it was also quite expensive (for Stouffville). I'll go here once a year. For the same price or less, I'd rather dine at Marlowes at Hwy 404 and Hwy 7 for Fusion cuisine at about $20-25 an entree, or on Unionville Main Street at one of the many Bistro's and Restaurants at about $12-20 an entree.
Old 2011-07-04, 08:34 PM
Regular User

Anyone try the new Sushi place yet? We got a menu in the paper the other night. I was a little dissapointed that I think its the same owners as fujiyama as we had a gross experience before. Not sure if we want to try again may wait for a few reviews.

Old 2011-07-04, 08:38 PM
Regular User

We have also tried a few new places over the past few months. Love Fickle Pickle Breakfast. Love the Meat merchant def. worth paying the extra couple of bucks. Pastaggio isn't worth the money. I found the food to be ok but over priced for what you get.

Old 2011-07-05, 10:00 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joelea View Post
Anyone try the new Sushi place yet? We got a menu in the paper the other night. I was a little dissapointed that I think its the same owners as fujiyama as we had a gross experience before. Not sure if we want to try again may wait for a few reviews.
maki sushi could be the closed down fujiyama.
changed names probably for business reasons, tax, etc.
havent checked the place out though.
Old 2011-07-05, 01:12 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Anyone try the new Sushi place yet?
Where's that new place?
Old 2011-07-05, 01:39 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomToronto2 View Post
Where's that new place?
Former Burger King on Stouffville Main Street. In the plaza with Blockbuster, and Domino's Pizza.
Old 2011-07-05, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghetto_mathie View Post
$6 for a dozen eggs?!? Dang..these best be some magical eggs, because I pay $2 a dozen at Shoppers Drug Mart.

My experience at NYS Steak Co was good. But it was also quite expensive (for Stouffville). I'll go here once a year. For the same price or less, I'd rather dine at Marlowes at Hwy 404 and Hwy 7 for Fusion cuisine at about $20-25 an entree, or on Unionville Main Street at one of the many Bistro's and Restaurants at about $12-20 an entree.
You're getting free range eggs with no hormones and no antibiotics from Shoppers for $2? I highly doubt it. I suspect these eggs are from tortured chickens raised in agri-farms and pumped full of hormones and antibiotics. Unless the packaging says otherwise, this is what you are getting.

Walmart too has $2 for doz eggs, but they are ****. They also have organic eggs...for almost $6 a doz. You would not eat these eggs or feed them to your kids if you knew about the conditions the chickens who hatched these eggs lived in, or what is required to keep these chickens alive in such conditions. I know its cheap and everyone needs to mind $$$, but I cant in good conscience support such agri-business. I urge everyone to stop supporting these agri-businesses.

http://www.nrdc.org/health/raisingresistance.asp

http://switchboard.nrdc.org/blogs/gs...tic_resis.html
Old 2011-07-05, 05:52 PM

Quote:
My spouse and I frequented fujiyama often. We liked it. It wasnt the best japanese food we've ever eaten but it certainly wasnt gross. We do plan on visiting their new place. Id say give em another shot.
Old 2011-07-06, 12:45 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by graves View Post
You're getting free range eggs with no hormones and no antibiotics from Shoppers for $2? I highly doubt it. I suspect these eggs are from tortured chickens raised in agri-farms and pumped full of hormones and antibiotics. Unless the packaging says otherwise, this is what you are getting.

Walmart too has $2 for doz eggs, but they are ****. They also have organic eggs...for almost $6 a doz. You would not eat these eggs or feed them to your kids if you knew about the conditions the chickens who hatched these eggs lived in, or what is required to keep these chickens alive in such conditions. I know its cheap and everyone needs to mind $$$, but I cant in good conscience support such agri-business. I urge everyone to stop supporting these agri-businesses.

http://www.nrdc.org/health/raisingresistance.asp

http://switchboard.nrdc.org/blogs/gs...tic_resis.html
True, but if those $2 eggs were good enough for me to eat growing up until now, they're also good enough for my kids to eat. Tastes no different to me, than the fancy eggs.

Plus, I dont want my kids going to Eggsmart or Cora's for breakfast and asking, "Excuse me, are your eggs hormone and antibiotic free?" When they reply, no, then my kids will be like, "We'll just have the toast with jam." Because I bet the pigs are also fed a growth hormone, which means we also shouldn't be eating commercialized bacon, sausages, etc.

Personally, my kids can make their own choice in terms of what foods they wish to eat once they can afford to pay for their own foods.

But to each their own. Whoever wants to pay 3 times the price for all their meals, definitely has the right to do so. I just choose not too. But then again, I'm ghetto.

Interesting articles though, but antibiotic resistance bacteria is also attributed to other items such as hand sanitizers, soap, etc.

Last edited by Ghetto_mathie; 2011-07-06 at 12:49 PM.