Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > General > Home Technology and Electronics

Home Technology and Electronics To discuss the technology that is going into your home from planning, wiring, hardware and usage.

Old 2011-05-29, 11:33 PM
Regular User

Default Stuck Pixel on LED Display

Hi All,

I was just wondering as some are more tech-saavy on here (Greg?)...I have a newer television I purchased, and it was working great until today, and it seems I now have a stuck pixel on my display. It is about halfway up the screen, and 2 inches from the left. Due to it's location Samsung will not fix the pixel under their warranty (needs to be right in the middle of the screen).

Is there anything I can do? I tried some "youtube" videos that flash colours quickly, but those didn't seem to work. The pixel is just bright red whenever the TV is on, but it does turn off when the tv is off.

Any suggestions would be great, as all I can do now is just stare.

Thanks
Old 2011-05-30, 11:11 AM
Regular User

magic marker?
Old 2011-05-30, 01:13 PM
Regular User

its normal to have a stuck pixel. i have one but and when i'm watching TV i can't see it. its only if you put your head right up to the TV. if its litterally one pixel its not a big deal. it doesn't bother me. i haven't actually looked at my TV up close after that cause I don't want to find anymore. if you'rs is a bunch of pixels bunched together, then that's a problem. Can you see it when you're watching TV from a normal distance?
Old 2011-05-30, 04:54 PM
Administrator

Welcome to the joys of an LCD display where each pixel is made up of 3 windows therefore multiplying your potential for pixel problems 3 times.

Nothing you can really do about it other than replace the panel.
For Your Home - For Your Condo - For Your Office

http://www.phand.ca/
Old 2011-05-31, 09:36 AM
Regular User

how many do you have?
Old 2011-05-31, 09:58 PM
Regular User

you can try massaging it. rub it lightly, sometimes works.

Old 2011-06-01, 08:44 PM
Regular User

homie - just one i believe, unless it is a bunch together that looks like one. It's not big but i do notice it. its a red one so it sticks out on white background (i'm an avid hockey fan) and black backgrounds most.

songman - i tried the massage, i didn't know how long to massage for but gave it a good 2 minutes. i'm now trying a program called "JScreenFix". $3.25 US but it is RefundWare so if it doesn't work, i can get my money back immediately. Guess we'll see.

Greg - I hope you're wrong, only for the hassle and according to samsung warranty they dont' replace because of where my pixel is. but that will definitely be a tactic if needed.

thanks all for the suggestions/comments. if there are any others, please share!
Old 2011-06-02, 09:13 AM
Regular User

if it bothers you, then I would push for them to take it back and get a new replacement. how old is the TV and where did you buy it?
Old 2011-06-03, 07:37 PM
Regular User

hey homie27, i bought it at noori extension (yonge/gerrard). out of stuck but they will place an order and it should be in by wednesday for replacement. i was worried since it's not under samsung warranty but they will do it on their end =). now let's hope that happens!
Old 2011-06-06, 09:19 AM
Regular User

that's good to hear. when you get the replacement TV, are you going to look at it up close to see if there are any stuck pixels?