Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Simcoe

Simcoe Orillia, Lake Simcoe, Lake Couchiching to Collingwood, Georgian Triangle, Barrie, Alliston, Cookstown, Tottenham, Bradford, Holland Marsh, Midland, Penetanguishene, Georgian Bay, Trent Severn Waterway.

Old 2012-06-12, 04:44 PM

I spoke with someone at the Innisfil Township last week and she was saying that now there is another problem - if I understood her correctly it was with the storm water management proposal. She said that was initially overlooked and now it was causing another delay and she didn't know for how long. Then I called Maple Lane and apparently the township had not returned any of their calls and had not notified them of the problem. I tried to call the township again this week, but now it just goes to voicemail. I'm not sure what's going on but I understand that the Innisifil Township just settled the Maple Lane lawsuit in May for an undisclosed amount. I really do hope that this has no bearing on all of the delays. I guess I can consider myself lucky because I haven't put my house up for sale yet - and I definitely won't until I see the foundation in the ground!!
Old 2012-06-26, 08:20 PM
Regular User

Thanks for the update. Although it's frustrating I'll admit I'm not surprised. We expect our second notice of delay in the next few weeks. Our current closing date is the end of November but we know it wont be done by then at this rate. We actually spoke to our lawyer today who told us that he's called the builder three times without any response and as well their lawyers multiple times and even they haven't bothered to call back which he's never encountered. At this rate we'll be surprised if they build at all.
Old 2012-07-10, 11:00 PM

Hi guys.

I also have started having a difficult time in getting phone calls returned however, not from the builder but from the Town. Finally yesterday they called me back with no additional news other than that she had just received a letter from the conservation authority that she planned to open the next day (July 9th). She reminded me that 4 issues remain outstanding one of which was now being investigated by the Simcoe conservation authority (sca). She was not permitted to discuss the details of the 4 outstanding issues. I then tried my luck and called MLH. I informed MLH of what the town had just reported and MLH agreed with the reported details. MLH also received the letter from the sca and was glad to report that the dry storm water management system that they proposed over the wet version was approved. The remaining 3 items are quite outrageous. 2... The town has informed MLH that they must improve the urbanization of some of the development that they had elected not to include originally. This includes a side walk around all the corner lots and one that runs from corner lot 33 west to the cul du sac. Personally, I'm not too happy about this. The original drawing did not have a side walk along this area. 3.... The town has advised MLH that they must design, construct and pay for a side walk along the current residential area across the street from the development????? 4...The town has instructed MLH to increase the slope between homes from 3 inches to 6 inches in preparation of the "hundred year storm" I didn't quite understand that term and after what was a 25 minute discussion at this point, I let it slide. Town by-law requires that the slope be 3 inches so MLH is uncertain as to why they now have to change it. SO at least what started out as 98 errors is now down to 4 and for the most part MLH has agreed to resubmit with the changes. MLH also mentioned that by the end of the month they expect to have a model home in Richmond Hill completed and plan to invite via email all the Summerlane purchasers.
Old 2012-07-12, 05:03 PM
Regular User

Hmmm... My husband spoke to Maria at MLH two days ago and she told us they plan to break ground at the end of this month. But from the sounds of it by your last post I'm not going to hold my breath.
Old 2012-08-15, 09:41 AM
Regular User

We received our second notice of delay at the beginning of the month. Current closing date is now March 2013....
Old 2012-09-26, 03:09 PM
Regular User

A friend of mine drove past the site today and told me there hasn't been any work done at the site other than weed removal. So my husband called the head office of Maple Lane just to find out what was going on and was told that they will not be breaking ground at all this year. And so it continues I guess .....
Old 2012-10-23, 10:21 AM

Default Are we ever gonna get our house?

I know there were issues ... but reading this thread I'm now worried if I'll ever get my house. Does Anyone have any recent news of what they are doing? Since they don't give any information out.
Old 2012-12-17, 08:38 AM
Regular User

Anybody heard anything new?
Old 2013-03-01, 02:02 PM
Regular User

Anybody still around?
Old 2013-03-02, 08:58 AM

We are out. Good luck to you all. Sorry we'll never get to meet any of you after all. Take care.