Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Simcoe

Simcoe Orillia, Lake Simcoe, Lake Couchiching to Collingwood, Georgian Triangle, Barrie, Alliston, Cookstown, Tottenham, Bradford, Holland Marsh, Midland, Penetanguishene, Georgian Bay, Trent Severn Waterway.

Old 2013-11-05, 08:36 PM
Regular User

Our fourth and final date in our contract arrived yesterday .. without a word from the builder. I can't believe they don't even contact you when your contract has come to the end. Two and a half long years.
Old 2013-11-14, 09:10 PM

Question

We have spoken to our lawyer. He suggested we contact the mayor, planning dept.,the building dept., our local council rep,and let them know how angry we are about this situation. i think we need to have as large a group of buyers doing this as possible. we need to get some ansewers. sitting by idle does not solve this problem. All our lives are on hold. we would like to know why. Is it the city who is holding this up or the builder, and why.WE HAVE BEEN VERY PATIENT AND DESERVE SOME COMMON COURTESY. WE NEED TO KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON.
Old 2013-11-21, 10:53 AM
Regular User

Our contract expired on Nov. 4th and we have requested all our money, back and are happily walking away from this mess. Our laywer sent the letter to Maple Lane on the 4th and nobody bothered to acknowledge it .. no email or phone call back .. nothing. My husband called himself and got Maria on the phone .. she was unpleasant to say the least. So we're done. Finally. It's been a long stressful 2 1/2 years and we are happy to be done with this builder. The entire process was dreadful .. customer service was horrible. Apparently they expect the homes to be done by next spring or summer... but we've been told this more times than I can count over the past few years. I hope those of you who are sticking it out and waiting will get your homes eventually. It will be a gorgeous neighbourhood if so. I will be checking back in from time to time to see if anybody will ever get their home. Good luck to you all!
Old 2013-11-21, 02:49 PM

Sad to hear it but it is probably for the better LJB, now you can get on with your life instead of hanging in suspense year after year. Hopefully you will get your money back rather sooner than later. Our contract expired last year and we are still working on the deposit refund: delay after delay every step of the way seems to be this project's way to go! We were very sad to walk away from what promised to be our dream home. The price and the location looked too good to believe! We did have enough of ongoing unfulfilled promises though, very stressful! Also, what looks too good to be true probably is: I wonder if it is even possible to pay 2014 cost for labour and materials building houses that were sold for 2010 - 2011 prices without incurring a loss? We love Innisfil and still would love to live there, however the house prices have gone up while we were waiting
For the sake of everyone still involved I do sincerely hope that the project will get completed eventually as it would be a great place to live! .. even if without us
Old 2013-11-30, 01:53 PM

Cool

sorry to hear about your decision.we are sticking with it to hold these guys to account. we have a new date for completion in 2014. we will see what happens.