Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2012-05-13, 09:16 PM

Default Mattamy - Summerside, Orleans (choosing Queenbank or Sanfield)

Hi everyone;

I can't seem to find any pictures online of the Mattamy Queenbank - I'm having a hard time choosing between the Sanfield and Queenbank.

I've had a look at the Sanfield model but can't visualize what the Queenbank would look like in comparison. Does anyone have any pictures they can share or post to help me out?

Thanks so much!
Old 2012-06-05, 09:48 PM
Regular User

hey - we bought a queenbank in orleans. picking up the keys in a few months. we've done lots of walkthroughs it looks amazing. don't have any good pictures to share but there are big similarities and differences. The kitchen in the Sandfield is considerably smaller, but overall is more of an open concept layout than the Queenbank, We liked the fact that it wasn't too open and gave some seperation between rooms.

Saving your downpayment in a TFSA? Send me a PM to found out why that is a waste of time that could cost you $$$!!!

====================
Old 2012-06-05, 09:50 PM
Regular User

there is actually someone in Half Bay Moon that has a Queenbank for sale. He has terrible pictures, but you could always schedule a visit. Just do a search for Queenbank in Kijiji.

Saving your downpayment in a TFSA? Send me a PM to found out why that is a waste of time that could cost you $$$!!!

====================
Old 2012-06-05, 10:02 PM
Regular User

http://www.vxtours.ca/2320rivermist/
Mattamy | Half Moon Bay South | Valleyfield A
Closed: July 22, 2014 and loving it!

Old 2012-06-06, 10:14 AM
Regular User

When we were looking at buying and a few models we were interested but none were the model homes at the Barhaven / Kanata locations. We talked to orleans sales office and they gave us a few examples being built in Summerside.

After that we had Orleans site supervisor walk us through a few of them (some where drywall) and really was helpful.

we ended up with Youngston model.

some good points on either.... models you're looking at. sandfield you can go nuts with the options while queenbank is very limited.

Last edited by Robin2; 2012-06-06 at 10:51 AM.
Old 2012-06-06, 11:16 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by needmoreinfo View Post
Hi everyone;

I can't seem to find any pictures online of the Mattamy Queenbank - I'm having a hard time choosing between the Sanfield and Queenbank.

I've had a look at the Sanfield model but can't visualize what the Queenbank would look like in comparison. Does anyone have any pictures they can share or post to help me out?

Thanks so much!
I always thought when we upgraded we would get the Sandfield but after going through the model a few times I realized that the great room was too close/open to what would be the kids rooms. It would be hard to watch tv or have people over and be in the living room with kids trying to sleep right next to it.

I'm hoping they come out with something similar to the Sanfield design in the future but change where the bedrooms would be somehow.

I havn't been through a Queenbank but it seems to have a similar layout but the great rooms seems to be abit more seprated from the bedrooms.

Good luck with your choice!

Old 2012-06-06, 11:35 AM
Regular User

They are releasing the Lily which is a bit smaller but seems to have a better layout for the great room but it's still super open to the bedrooms. It's something we looked into but we wanted a bit more separation on the main floor and it didn't have an office. Same for the Queenbank.

I also found the 3rd bedroom in the Sandfield to be very awkward because of the angled wall. Only really one way to put a bed, kwim?

Not to mention the living room, since it is open, leaves little options for how to place the couches. We kept trying to think of a way to get in two couches without cutting off a passageway and it just wasn't happening. Lol!

But it's SOOOOOO pretty!!
Mattamy | Half Moon Bay South | Valleyfield A
Closed: July 22, 2014 and loving it!

Last edited by homeshoppin; 2012-06-06 at 11:40 AM.