Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > York Region > Stouffville > Stouffville - Mattamy On Main and Wheler’S Mill

Stouffville - Mattamy On Main and Wheler’S Mill For residents and soon-to-be residents of Mattamys On Main and Wheler's Mill.

Old 2006-07-26, 08:06 PM
Regular User

Default PDI time!!!

well, we got the call today....15 days till close and our PDI is scheduled for next thursday!
I just happened to stop by the house today...it was all locked up while they worked on the trim outside.

things I know are not done yet... water is not hooked up, no cabinets in the kitchen or bathrooms...the extra tub and outlet are not in the basement, and there are some mystery holes still drilled all the way through the foundation that i am not quite sure what they would be for yet as all the venting is done for the furnace/water heater and all the other services enter somewhere else...
and we still have not chosen our granite slab yet...

so it will be interesting to see how they pull all that together in the next 7 days!

i have read a couple posts about peoples PDI experience, just wondering if anyone that closed recently had anything to add, or share ?

we do have the pdi checklist from the other forum, and of course, Laurie has already filled out some stuff we know is wrong...

Sean & Laurie
Bassett Elev \'B\'
Wheler's Mill
MOVED IN!

Last edited by gizmo; 2006-07-26 at 08:09 PM.
Old 2006-07-26, 10:45 PM
Regular User

That is exciting news for you! How much time does a PDI usually take? From the link to the additional thread there is a lot of items to check. Just out of curiousity, how long has it been since your house first got started- did they start earlier than planned as it seems like its been quite some time! Do you have any updated pics of the exterior with the finished siding and maybe even that little oval window?

Last edited by Krista; 2006-07-26 at 10:59 PM.
Old 2006-07-26, 11:20 PM
Regular User

not sure how long it's going to take... depends what is wrong i guess. our foundation was started in Feb.

they were just getting to all the trim on the front of the house so no pics yet... and the little windows are fake, they just stick them on there.... ours isn't there yet but some houses on the other side of the circle have them ready to go on (go figure!)

Sean & Laurie
Bassett Elev \'B\'
Wheler's Mill
MOVED IN!
Old 2006-07-27, 06:19 AM
Regular User

You will need about three hours for your PDI.
Moved In
Old 2006-07-27, 10:03 AM
Regular User

Just try not to plan anything for after your PDI. Ours took over 4 hours I think, but Steve had lots of questions. They were very understanding though, and didn't rush us through anything.
Old 2006-07-27, 10:53 AM
Regular User

they moved it to Friday instead to give themselves an extra day. starts at 8am so we have all day if needed

the only thing i'm worried about at this point is the granite since as of yesterday we didn't even have cabinets on site (though every house around us does!) the longer that takes the later we pick our stone... and if there is a problem with the stone then we are forced to make a decision quick... i hate that

i know they have time to do all this... just a little close for comfort haha

Sean & Laurie
Bassett Elev \'B\'
Wheler's Mill
MOVED IN!
Old 2006-07-27, 11:09 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzanneAndSteve
Just try not to plan anything for after your PDI. Ours took over 4 hours I think, but Steve had lots of questions. They were very understanding though, and didn't rush us through anything.
Really? Whe I talked to Larry this morning I asked him if it would be about 4 hours and he laughed. He said they like for them to be 2.5 hours long, but I guess they will accomodate the homeowner if there are alot of questions. It is nice to know that they are not going to rush us through the process just to get us out of there quickly. I have to go into work in the afternoon, though because I could only book a half day off which kind of sucks. My mind will definitely be elsewhere!

Laurie

Sean & Laurie
Bassett Elev \'B\'
Wheler's Mill
MOVED IN!