Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 2013-07-23, 09:45 AM
monarch@stonebridge monarch@stonebridge is offline
Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 92
Default Furniture Stores in Ottawa/Gatineau

We are shopping for our furnitures mainly, a sectional, accent chairs, formal dining set (buffet/hutch excluded) and breakfast table/stool set. We're just all over the places. Also, we are mainly considering Canadian made products.

Can you guys share your experience with Upper Room, Laz-Boy, Dufresne, Valley Squire, Mobilia, Structube and Sears?

If possible, please also share your after sales experience during delivery and any issues with products and how they're handling the defected items/wrong cushion/leg.

This forum has been very helpful in making many decisions during our house construction and we value all of your opinion!

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 2013-07-23, 09:52 AM
north59 north59 is offline
Senior Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 354
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by monarch@stonebridge View Post
We are shopping for our furnitures mainly, a sectional, accent chairs, formal dining set (buffet/hutch excluded) and breakfast table/stool set. We're just all over the places. Also, we are mainly considering Canadian made products.

Can you guys share your experience with Upper Room, Laz-Boy, Dufresne, Valley Squire, Mobilia, Structube and Sears?

If possible, please also share your after sales experience during delivery and any issues with products and how they're handling the defected items/wrong cushion/leg.

This forum has been very helpful in making many decisions during our house construction and we value all of your opinion!

Thanks in advance!
We have always had good experience with Prestige in Orleans. Recently bought my daughters bedroom set (solid wood) from Randalls which was made by College Woodwork. Very nice quality.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 2013-07-23, 10:54 AM
BlkStnBerk2 BlkStnBerk2 is offline
Senior Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 2,131
Default

I like the stuff I've seen at EQ3, and The Upper Room.

However, multiple people on this site have posted of their issues with The Upper Room's after sales service. Mainly delivery and then customer service if something was not correct or missing.

They did however, have the best sales person I have dealt with in probably any retail atmosphere. Not pushy, very helpful, ex-interior designer. She was very helpful with colours and everything.

But the gong show people have been posting with delivery sort of makes me want to stay away from there...Shame really...They have awesome stuff....
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 2013-07-23, 01:38 PM
dial59 dial59 is offline
Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bridlewood
Posts: 87
Default

I've bought from a few places you mentioned above.

Structube:
Bought a square glass dining table (Stardust), delivery was ok. They just dropped the boxes off and went on their way. I haven't had any problems with it.

Sears:
Bought some appliances from them, delivery was good. Also, there was a dent in our dryer, but I noticed it after they delivered it, and they sent a new one the next day and took the old one. I was actually amazed at the service!

Other places I've bought from:

Philip Van Leeuwen:
Bought a chair and sectional by Klaussner (Made in USA) and they are both amazing! Love that shop! Delivery was also amazing - put everything together, took the packaging, cleaned up after...

Blueprint Home:
Bought a nice Gus* Modern sofa (Spencer) and it's really nice. I picked up this sofa myself. It was wrapped up good when we got it.

M.Y. Home:
Bought a nice Canadian made chair at the Kanata location. I actually picked it up myself. It was all wrapped up great. Great customer service in there.

EQ3:
Bought a Canadian Made sofa from there. Love it, seems solid. Delivery was good too.

Other places:
West Elm - they have some good quality stuff, there's one in Toronto and a new one just opened up in Montreal.
Decorleans - good quality stuff in there
Prestige
Sofa World - it's kinda ghetto in there but they carry some good brands.
Maheu (Embrun) - they carry some good brands too.
Valley Squire - Heard really good things about this shop.
Mikaza - has some good designer classics.
Urban Barn - lots of Canadian made stuff in there.

I would stay away from The Brick, Leons, Upper Room as I've heard bad stories from these places. You get what you pay for (most of the time) lol.

Hope this helps
__________________
dial59
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 2013-07-23, 02:06 PM
monarch@stonebridge monarch@stonebridge is offline
Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 92
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by north59 View Post
We have always had good experience with Prestige in Orleans. Recently bought my daughters bedroom set (solid wood) from Randalls which was made by College Woodwork. Very nice quality.
Thank you north. I have never been to Prestige. But, when I googled it for review, I found few negative comments about them.

http://www.pissedconsumer.com/review...613123960.html


Do you mind telling what you bought from them? They have some nice dining collection. We're seriously considering them.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 2013-07-23, 02:17 PM
monarch@stonebridge monarch@stonebridge is offline
Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 92
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkStnBerk2 View Post
I like the stuff I've seen at EQ3, and The Upper Room.

However, multiple people on this site have posted of their issues with The Upper Room's after sales service. Mainly delivery and then customer service if something was not correct or missing.

They did however, have the best sales person I have dealt with in probably any retail atmosphere. Not pushy, very helpful, ex-interior designer. She was very helpful with colours and everything.

But the gong show people have been posting with delivery sort of makes me want to stay away from there...Shame really...They have awesome stuff....
EQ3 seems to have very cool stuffs. I'll check them out.

When we were at Upper Room, I felt like they are little judgmental. Not sure, I'm using the right term to describe. I felt like their sales women got competition with each other. If you talk to one person, other person will completly ignore you on the next day. I seen that in other places too. But, here it was stone-faced ignorance. The sales person kinda mentioned that if you like quality stuff, you must be very rich and there should not be any negotion about the price.

As we already know quality stuffs cost more than the economical, but she sounded like you should never step into a store like Upper Room unless you're really wealthy Just passing the thoughts....
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 2013-07-23, 02:23 PM
monarch@stonebridge monarch@stonebridge is offline
Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 92
Default

That's a complete list dial! Thank you for sharing...

Yes, we got all of our appliances from Sears and we were impressed with their delivery service too. But, we were not too happy with their furniture collection as well as the sales reps at Pinecrest location.

We will be visiting the stores you mentioned. Thanks again!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 2013-07-23, 02:32 PM
north59 north59 is offline
Senior Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 354
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by monarch@stonebridge View Post
Thank you north. I have never been to Prestige. But, when I googled it for review, I found few negative comments about them.

http://www.pissedconsumer.com/review...613123960.html


Do you mind telling what you bought from them? They have some nice dining collection. We're seriously considering them.
That is a different Prestige... its in Texas

I bought a leather sectional and appliances for 2 homes. My inlaws and my sister in law also bought appliances from there.

We also purchased a dining room set and hall table from Upper Room, I wouldn't recommend or go back.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 2013-07-23, 02:37 PM
monarch@stonebridge monarch@stonebridge is offline
Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 92
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by north59 View Post
That is a different Prestige... its in Texas

I bought a leather sectional and appliances for 2 homes. My inlaws and my sister in law also bought appliances from there.

We also purchased a dining room set and hall table from Upper Room, I wouldn't recommend or go back.
That's great north.. Prestige got some brands we are looking for. I'll visit them soon.

Actually, in the link I posted, you have to scroll down to see the two comments for Orleans location. They're talking about defected product issue.

In fact, we have no plan to go back to Upper Room for now.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 2013-07-23, 02:49 PM
Robin2 Robin2 is offline
Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Orleans
Posts: 96
Default

We bought everything from Prestige for our new home. They held our order till we moved in.

We bought palliser sectional, all appliaces (gas range, etc), master bedroom set and dining room table. Sectional / furniture is all cdn made.

Dining table we love as we could customize it in size / accomodate up 12 people with 2 additional sections. we didn't like the chairs for that model and ended up buying those at another store.

overall, we were very pleased with their service and staff was very good.

ask for fern
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Two Furniture Stores..... BlkStnBerk2 Ottawa 33 2013-04-23 09:26 AM
Ottawa furniture stores - dining table lookingforahome Ottawa 29 2011-08-02 10:54 AM
Furniture Stores? 1luckygirl Ottawa 2 2010-12-12 06:30 PM
Furniture Stores in the GTA Emjay Ottawa 6 2010-05-13 11:23 AM
INFO: List of Projects Ottawa - Gatineau waikiki Ottawa 2 2008-03-29 08:28 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:09 AM.



Copyright © PHAND Corporation
This document may not be used elsewhere without the expressed written consent of PHAND Corporation.
*** There is no association between this website and any builder. ***

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.