Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2016-03-25, 03:04 PM
Regular User

Default Companies to fix garage door dent

A car hit the garage door and there is now a small dent. The door is aluminum and is still in good working condition otherwise.

I am wondering if you can recommend garage door companies you have worked with in the past. I will contact them on Monday for an estimate, hope it doesn't cost an arm and a leg!

Thanks.

Old 2016-03-26, 06:13 AM
Regular User

Is the door a solid insulated door or can you carefully push the dent back out from the other side if the door is the very thin open back version? Either way, you can just have the damaged panel replaced. Not sure how much that would cost, all depends on the quality of the door but I'd guess $250-450 installed.
Old 2016-03-26, 12:33 PM
Regular User

This is just a regular aluminum garage door with no insulation. I will try to see if I can push the dent back out from the other side, without causing any more potential damage!

I will call The Door Doctor, The Door Company and Al Parsons on Monday to get some quotes.

Thanks.
Old 2016-03-26, 02:08 PM
Regular User

Have someone hold a block of wood that spans the dent on the outside while you tap a smaller block on the inside. Don't hammer the metal - that will leave hammer marks. The tricky spot will be where it is crimped.

Try amigo doors for a quote.