Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2019-01-04, 12:36 PM
Regular User

that is awesome!!!! thank you so much.

did anyone here move in without their siding being installed? we have brick but no siding and we close on the 31st... hopefully they can get it done by then but i noticed that the corner house across from the cheo home is also still missing some
Old 2019-01-04, 12:41 PM
Regular User

Some people have moved in without siding to my knowledge.
Old 2019-01-04, 12:44 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by reens09 View Post
that is awesome!!!! thank you so much.

did anyone here move in without their siding being installed? we have brick but no siding and we close on the 31st... hopefully they can get it done by then but i noticed that the corner house across from the cheo home is also still missing some
The siding on our house had only just started when we did our PDI a week before move in, and was about half complete by closing. The siding was completed about two weeks after closing, but the cement board wasn't started until just before Christmas. As of today, a month after closing, the cement board is still incomplete, and therefore the soffit isn't fully installed either. The result is a colony of pigeons who have been roosting in our attic for several weeks- I am going to head up there to inspect this weekend to see what kind of damage has been done.

Last edited by mikedb; 2019-01-04 at 12:46 PM.
Old 2019-01-04, 12:45 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedb View Post
The siding on our house had only just started when we did our PDI a week before move in, and was about half complete by closing. The siding was completed about two weeks after closing, but the cement board wasn't started until just before Christmas. As of today, a month after closing, the cement board is still incomplete, and therefore the soffit isn't fully installed either. The result is a colony of pigeons who have been roosting in our attic for several weeks- I am going to head up there to inspect this weekend to see what kind of damage has been done.
Oh no!! Sorry to hear. I would installing a fake/decoy owl.
Old 2019-01-04, 01:03 PM
Regular User

Quote:
oh my god thats terrible. what is the cement board? i have not heard of that. will minto remove the pigeons?
Old 2019-01-04, 01:13 PM
Regular User

The cement boards you can find on C elevations on the front of the houses.
Old 2019-01-04, 01:30 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vig View Post
The cement boards you can find on C elevations on the front of the houses.
oh yes yes! The modern flat surface. We dont have that on our home.
Old 2019-01-04, 01:45 PM
Regular User

Quote:
I had the same problem with pigeons. Not impressed at all. Ended up getting a big fishing net and taking care of the problem myself.
Old 2019-01-04, 02:29 PM
Regular User

Quote:
That is absolutely terrible planning/service. I am sorry you're living through that. Minto should be ashamed.

"here's your car, congrats on your purchase...we'll paint it in the next few weeks, but you can drive it today!"
Old 2019-01-07, 11:44 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdarrylx View Post
That is absolutely terrible planning/service. I am sorry you're living through that. Minto should be ashamed.
Agreed. But to be honest, this is minor compared to what's been going on in Avalon. Makes me worried for all those who purchased in Phase II, considering how massive it is.