Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2007-10-16, 03:32 PM
Regular User

Cool Fairwinds in Kanata or Stittsville

Hello,

Just curious, is anyone else at Fairwinds a bit disappointed about getting a postal code that maps to Stittsville and not Kanata? Isn't it intentionally deceiving to refer to the community as Fairwinds in Kanata, while 90% of the homes are going to be located in Stittsville.

IMO,
tascha.
Old 2007-10-16, 05:22 PM
Regular User

It's all Ottawa anyway. You could write your address as Kanata and you'll still get your mail
Old 2007-10-16, 11:50 PM
Regular User

Whichever one gives me lower property taxes
Old 2007-10-17, 08:52 AM
Regular User

At first I was a little shocked that it was in fact Stittsville and not Kanata. I assumed that since they call is 'Fairwinds Kanata' that is was...Kanata. But after thinking about it, I don't really care much. I still think they shouldn't advertise as Fairwinds Kanata though...
Old 2007-10-17, 10:08 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misha_Nikki View Post
... I still think they shouldn't advertise as Fairwinds Kanata though...
I agree, to me itís like advertising houses as ďfor sale in Malibu, CaliforniaĒ , while building most of them in Compton, California. Ok, maybe thatís a bit extreme .

I just think that when the time comes to sell my house, I'll see the negative side to this whole Kanata/Stittsville thing. I may be wrong and by not means am I trying to offend anyone (especially since Iím in Stittsville my self now), but it seems that more people are interested in the municipality of Kanata when it comes to buying houses. A simple query like: "show all houses in Kanata" will filter my house right out, regardless if I'm right on the border or not.
Old 2007-10-17, 10:45 AM
Regular User

Personally I'm so thankful to not be considered Kanata. As a proud Stittsville resident for the past 8 years I was bummed at the thought of being part of Kanata so I was very happy to remain a Stittsville resident! I'd take the charm and personality of Stittsville over the blandness of Kanata anytime (I truly don't mean to offend Kanata residents, just really love Stittsville!)

Yay small town charm! LOL..
Old 2007-10-17, 03:58 PM

I think you will find that more people are beginning to regard Stittsville as a better community than Kanata, and may get a better return on your house in the end. The schools in Stittsville have a better reputation, too. You'll find comparable houses in Stittsville and Kanata selling for the same price right now, too.

The only thing that bugs me is that we still have to go to the post office in Stittsville. Too much traffic on Main street with only 2 lanes!
Old 2007-10-17, 04:32 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tascha View Post
I just think that when the time comes to sell my house, I'll see the negative side to this whole Kanata/Stittsville thing. I may be wrong and by not means am I trying to offend anyone (especially since Iím in Stittsville my self now), but it seems that more people are interested in the municipality of Kanata when it comes to buying houses. A simple query like: "show all houses in Kanata" will filter my house right out, regardless if I'm right on the border or not.
I never thought about that. That's not a good thing if we're planning on selling a few yrs after moving in. I guess we'll just have to advertise that it's a "Mattamy Fairwinds" house. Most people in Ottawa know this community by now and even more will find out about in the years to come.
Old 2007-10-18, 10:33 AM
Regular User

Stittsville rules, Kanata drools !

Quote:
Hello,

Just curious, is anyone else at Fairwinds a bit disappointed about getting a postal code that maps to Stittsville and not Kanata? Isn't it intentionally deceiving to refer to the community as Fairwinds in Kanata, while 90% of the homes are going to be located in Stittsville.

IMO,
tascha.
Old 2007-10-18, 11:08 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Hello,

IMO,
tascha.

I'm disappointed with Mattamy the way they handle the whole process of buying a house. I find it very deceiving how they get you in the door and tell you what are included, as soon as you signed they'd tell you that they are not pat of the options anymore. I find the whole process full of surprises. One of the things I've learned, whatever they tell you and whatever they promise you...It doesn't exist until it is written in your contract.