Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > York Region > Stouffville > Stouffville - Mattamy On Main and Wheler’S Mill

Stouffville - Mattamy On Main and Wheler’S Mill For residents and soon-to-be residents of Mattamys On Main and Wheler's Mill.

Old 2005-03-30, 04:07 PM
Regular User

Default Ceiling

I would like to know if anyone knew that all the 34' 36' widelot houses on Main and Wheler's Mill are 8' foot ceiling? I am currently in a 9' foot ceiling so 8' would be a little low for me, does anyone have concerns regarding low ceilings, does it really make a huge difference?
Old 2005-03-30, 05:29 PM
Regular User

All of mattamy's homes are 8ft ceilings. the option is about 6000.00 and another 5600.00 for the upper floor for detached models. I would like 9ft ceilings, but we may use the money for other things, so I would like smooth ceilings instead.

Miko
2007...MOVED IN!
Old 2005-03-30, 06:43 PM
Regular User

we got the Basset elv B in wheeler's and it comes standard with 9' ceilings on the main floor 8' on the second. We are on a 45' lot.

Sean & Laurie
Bassett Elev \'B\'
Wheler's Mill
MOVED IN!
Old 2005-03-30, 09:27 PM
Regular User

Default Re: Ceiling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivi
I would like to know if anyone knew that all the 34' 36' widelot houses on Main and Wheler's Mill are 8' foot ceiling? I am currently in a 9' foot ceiling so 8' would be a little low for me, does anyone have concerns regarding low ceilings, does it really make a huge difference?
This is just a thought. But if you extend the cabinets, won't it give the illusion of high ceilings. Does anyone know? I am thinking of doing this instead of the 9' ceiling upgrade.
Closing Dec 13, 2006
Old 2005-03-30, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivi
This is just a thought. But if you extend the cabinets, won't it give the illusion of high ceilings. Does anyone know? I am thinking of doing this instead of the 9' ceiling upgrade.
I would imagine that leaving the standard cabinets (without bulkhead) would make the roof look farther.

I think 9 foot ceilings all depends on the floorplan. If you have a narrow house forget it. It makes the house feel too cold, like being inside a giant grain silo.

I think I'd opt for the rounded corners on the walls.

What do you think? rounded corners?
Old 2005-03-30, 11:11 PM
Regular User

Rounded corners are a very personal thing. We went to the Milton development to look at the model homes and the one we looked at had the rounded corners and I didn't like it at all. I can't tell you why, I guess I just like the clean lines of square corners etc.
Old 2005-03-31, 08:27 AM
Regular User

I've lived in a small semi-detached home in the city my whole life so can't compare 8 ft and 9ft ceilings. Some feel they can't live without it and 8ft ceilings makes them feel closed in. Others say it adds value to the home. This may be all true but....I just can't afford the upgrade .
FINALLY MOVED IN!
Old 2005-03-31, 11:46 AM
Regular User

Default Ceilings

I'm in the same boat you are Lisa. I'd love the 9ft ceilings on my main floor but can think of a bunch of other things that $6500 could be used for! :cry:

KF
#7 Walter Sangster Road, L4A 0J8
Eldon 'D' - 4 Bedroom
MOVED IN!
http://www.thefrasers.ca/MOM
Old 2005-03-31, 08:59 PM
Regular User

We've been in a dilemma but have decided to shell out for the 9' ceilings on the main floor. The model home in Milton is just TOO nice. Although, it's a little crazy on the 2nd floor.

Poorhouse, here we come!
Old 2005-03-31, 10:40 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosa

I think I would rather do this:

This is actually a Mattamy model from Milton.

Makes the ceiling look higher. Delete bulkhead and add a light facing up. Mmmm nice...