Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > York Region > Stouffville > Stouffville - Mattamy On Main and Wheler’S Mill

Stouffville - Mattamy On Main and Wheler’S Mill For residents and soon-to-be residents of Mattamys On Main and Wheler's Mill.

Old 2007-11-20, 03:12 PM
Regular User

Default Roger's VOIP

In our quest to bring all of our services under one provider we tried going with Roger's Internet and Roger's Internet Telephone (Bell wouldn't guarantee DSL service to our address without a land line to measure).

Our experience with Roger's Internet Phone has not been positive. We frequently experience garbled conversation and sometimes one of the parties cuts out for a few seconds. I used Skype at one point in time and found it to be of better quality than this service.

I just wanted to share our experience for those who are weighing all of their options. We're transferring our land line to Bell service next week and as soon as it is installed we'll have Bell do a land line test to see if our copper pair is clean enough for DSL service.

If you've got Roger's Internet phone and are getting great service I'd encourage you to share that on this thread as well. A full spectrum of feedback is always useful when you're evaluating the options!
MOVED IN!
Old 2007-11-20, 03:46 PM
Regular User

Have you contacted Rogers for a resolution? What was their response?
Old 2007-11-20, 04:03 PM
Regular User

I'll be getting Rogers home phone tomorrow night and will share my experience after I've used it for a few days.

I really hope it's decent because I don't want to go through the hassle of setting it all back up again with Bell.

Fingers crossed!!!

The "Jasper", Elevation "A"
Country Lane
Closing: October 18, 2007

Old 2007-11-20, 04:39 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcampbell View Post
I'll be getting Rogers home phone tomorrow night and will share my experience after I've used it for a few days.

I really hope it's decent because I don't want to go through the hassle of setting it all back up again with Bell.

Fingers crossed!!!
Rogers Home Phone is different then Rogers VOIP (they often get mixed up). I have been on Rogers Home Phone for over a year, never had any real problems. But I have heard of problems with Rogers VOIP.

Mike

(added) PS: Jason, why don't you switch to Rogers Home Phone, then you will still have all the services under one provider. Just wondering as an option it might work better for you.

Last edited by klmrobinson; 2007-11-20 at 04:45 PM.
Old 2007-11-20, 07:44 PM
Administrator

Rogers VOIP also does not run over the internet, but their own private network.
For Your Home - For Your Condo - For Your Office

http://www.phand.ca/
Old 2007-11-20, 08:48 PM
Regular User

I love my Rogers Home Phone. No problems. I can call my mom long distance for free b/c she also has Rogers. I also save 15% on all services with my bundle.
Old 2007-11-20, 09:46 PM
Regular User

It's reall important to distinguish Roger's VOIP/Internet Phone from Roger's home phone. They're entirely different beasts.

After spending 25 minutes on the phone with Bell to ensure that they would tranfer my number only to have them call back 20 minutes later and tell me the opposite result I may just check out Roger's home phone.

I'm not even going to bother following up with Roger's. They have a FAQ addressing the issue and I have already gone through the lengthy list of items.

It is my opinion that the quality simply isn't there yet.
MOVED IN!
Old 2007-11-21, 04:49 PM
Regular User

I beleive that Rogers has three phone offerings (not all are available in each community)...

There is Telecom (Your basic land line)

Rogers Digital (Which works very similar to Telecom - but has a modem that is hooked up to via cable and)

Rogers VOIP - Internet -

In Stouffville, Rogers does not currently offer telecom services. They offer digital, which is what I am going with...I guess they also offer VOIP...I think there are still some technological issues with VOIP, so I'm not too keen on it...But I went with Rogers for the same reason, because of the discount, and the free calling to Rogers customers (wireless and home phone) no matter where they live...Becuase Stouffville is considered long distance, this will definitely impact local calling that most of us do, so calling to Mississauga and Oakville will be long distance...Just wanted to share my thoughts...Cheers

-Mallicks
Old 2007-11-22, 07:36 PM
Regular User

My sister in mississauga had that problem for the first 2 days, then she called rogers to complain and the net day it was perfect...it may have been the time...or maybe they did something to the line. she doesnt know. but ts been 5 months now and nothing else has happened.
I have rogers home phonenow and i love it. Never had a problem.

Old 2007-11-24, 01:40 PM
Regular User

Default no problems here

We have been using Rogers Home phone for well over a year now and even with the move to Stouffville we have had incredible service. There is simply no difference between a bell land line and a rogers home phone when you look at how it is used. There is a battery back up in the modem which allows you to still make phone calls whilst the power is out.

Overall other than rogers customer service been the worst on the planet we have had great experiences with the home phone