Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2008-10-09, 10:50 PM
Regular User

Question usually, closing day is how many days after pdi?

Hi All,

Got a message for PDI from my builder. This is almost 3 weeks before the planned closing date. I have however asked for an as early closing as possible so, I just want to know if early closing is still possible. Does not matter to me if it is only one week early as long as it is asap.

I was told by my bank however that if I have early closing, they would need to be advised a week or two in advance to finalize/readjust the paperwork. My lawyer also indicated that he would need to be advised about 1 week up-front. So technically, I cannot really close immediately after PDI but still hope I could move in prior to the planned closing date.

Thanks!

M & M
Old 2008-10-09, 10:54 PM
Regular User

we had our PDI monday, we close tomorrow.

We also wanted to close early, and we had a revised closing date which bumped us two weeks earlier than the original. It wasn't too long ago that we were told about our revised closing. I think we were 5 weeks away from the original when they told us it would be 3 weeks. We kinda had to beg though!

Not sure if that answers anything, but it sorta seems like its possible you'd get an earlier closing if you get lucky enough to persuade them. I think they felt bad for us since we were homeless for 3 weeks with a newborn! I know they won't close you soon though. If anything you'd be lucky to get 1 week. Thats just my guess though.
Old 2008-10-09, 10:57 PM
Regular User

Our closing and other recent closings seem to be about 1 week after the PDI.
Like you mention though your lawyer and bank need time to get the closing paperwork in order.
I doubt any builder would allow you to move in prior to closing because of legal implications that could arise. They (the builder) could still be held responsible for anything that happened to the house between the time you moved in and closing.
Several months back the PDI in many cases was on the day of closing.

Moved in finally September 25th '08!!

Old 2008-10-09, 11:24 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevstevd View Post
we had our PDI monday, we close tomorrow.

Congrats! Best of luck with closing/moving!

Tartan Royal Edward
Findlay Creek
Closing: November 28th, 2013