Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old 2018-09-25, 03:06 PM
xdarrylx's Avatar
xdarrylx xdarrylx is offline
Senior Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Barrhaven, Ontario
Posts: 1,965
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie007 View Post
I've heard from another forum that they sold out on the first day. Even though the sale centre didn't have power, they took in a deposit cheque/reserve lots and are just starting to do the paper work yesterday.

Also heard that towns in Riversbend were 10k more than what they were published on the Minto website (possible lot premium?)

Crazy to think that Minto towns now are over 400k.

Did any of you go out by any chance? Would love to heard more info.
I know a lot of you preoccupied with the tornado we had this past weekend. Hope everyone is safe!
Shows $329k-$384k?
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 2018-09-25, 03:12 PM
Cookie007 Cookie007 is offline
Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 36
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdarrylx View Post
Shows $329k-$384k?
I think homebuyer2017 posted price from last year, October 2017.

Not sure if anyone has price list/lots for the release last weekend?
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 2018-09-25, 10:04 PM
canabiz's Avatar
canabiz canabiz is offline
Senior Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,810
Default

My friend sent me a tweet from Mayor Jim Watson today saying the City is/will conduct environmental assessment to extend LRT to Barrhaven, with up to 8 stations. Unsure of timelines.

Great news for the Barrhavenites who have had to pay some of the highest property taxes in the City and who have never had priorities for public transit, until now. I think this will help re-elect Jan Harder in the upcoming municipal election as well...she had her issues but I have to tip my hat to her for her tireless work for her constituents with respect to the tornado/power outage.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 2018-09-26, 08:10 AM
HMBTUX HMBTUX is offline
Senior Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 288
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by canabiz View Post
My friend sent me a tweet from Mayor Jim Watson today saying the City is/will conduct environmental assessment to extend LRT to Barrhaven, with up to 8 stations. Unsure of timelines.

Great news for the Barrhavenites who have had to pay some of the highest property taxes in the City and who have never had priorities for public transit, until now. I think this will help re-elect Jan Harder in the upcoming municipal election as well...she had her issues but I have to tip my hat to her for her tireless work for her constituents with respect to the tornado/power outage.
The LRT stuff is long overdue - I mean really, how on earth was the far and away fastest growing part of Ottawa, with the highest ratio of commuters (due to lack of actual employment in BH) ever left out of the plans to begin with? But I agree, props to Jan for making this a priority. The “study” is targeted for completion for 2020, and I would imagine no actual LRT for at least 10 years after that, but at least we’re now in the plans.

And as "unlucky" as we all were with the recent power outage and chaos that came with this past wknd (actually it went out again early this morning for several hours in HMB)…..one has to admit there was nothing more fortunate for Jan’s re-election prospects. She really did devote all of her time towards helping and keeping everyone updated with great communication this past wknd. She is a lock for re-election IMHO.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 2018-09-26, 09:46 AM
Sarah2012 Sarah2012 is offline
Senior Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 290
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMBTUX View Post
She really did devote all of her time towards helping and keeping everyone updated with great communication this past wknd. She is a lock for re-election IMHO.
**Power outage BBQ sponsored by Minto & Mattamy** ...just kidding...kind of

It's true it was nice to have her updates but at some point it felt more like a campaign weekend with her name popping up so often in my newsfeed. But name recognition is usually the key to local election success when political parties aren't available as an easy fallback.

Too little too late for me. Every interaction I've had with her has been prickly (at best), and I worry re-election after this much time in office, being a VIP at one too many events and coming from the 'old guard' of Barrhaven is just not in the best interests of 'New' Barrhaven.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 2018-09-26, 10:03 AM
suezuki650 suezuki650 is offline
Senior Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Half Moon Bay
Posts: 428
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah2012 View Post

Too little too late for me. Every interaction I've had with her has been prickly (at best), and I worry re-election after this much time in office, being a VIP at one too many events and coming from the 'old guard' of Barrhaven is just not in the best interests of 'New' Barrhaven.
She's been great since I moved here in 2016. If garbage pick-up or snow removal was an issue, and I wasn't getting anywhere with the usual channels, a quick email and she'd take care of it.

We don't always see eye to eye on things like roundabouts, but she listens. Some of the things we want are not up to just one councilor though.
__________________
Half Moon Bay South
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 2018-09-26, 10:15 AM
canabiz's Avatar
canabiz canabiz is offline
Senior Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,810
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah2012 View Post
**Power outage BBQ sponsored by Minto & Mattamy** ...just kidding...kind of

It's true it was nice to have her updates but at some point it felt more like a campaign weekend with her name popping up so often in my newsfeed. But name recognition is usually the key to local election success when political parties aren't available as an easy fallback.

Too little too late for me. Every interaction I've had with her has been prickly (at best), and I worry re-election after this much time in office, being a VIP at one too many events and coming from the 'old guard' of Barrhaven is just not in the best interests of 'New' Barrhaven.
I think this is the key. I don't want to sound ignorant or ill-informed but I can't name her competition for this election or know anything about their accomplishments.

Many voters have short memories and judging from comments on various Barrhaven-centric FB groups, Jan has done a wonderful job with the power outage and she deserves another term.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 2018-09-26, 10:22 AM
hjuandok hjuandok is offline
Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Barrhaven
Posts: 68
Default

She's just a messenger girl. What outage repair priority was she talking about when we got power back at 11pm Sunday, and then it went out again last night. Listen, things like this happen, but she's been around long enough to know when the infrastructure is this far behind development. Sunshine and rainbows? There needs to be redundancy built into the grid. How about getting some cops out to the major intersections to help direct traffic? Not even going to go into how many examples of this we have in Barrhaven. Certainly looked like campaigning to me too, and lashing out at people who disagreed with her on social media. Showing up at a community centre BBQ for a photo is nice, but doesn't really help things. Those volunteers standing out in the cold when the sun set were pretty amazing.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 2018-09-26, 08:17 PM
homebuyer_2017 homebuyer_2017 is offline
Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Barrhaven, Ottawa
Posts: 81
Default

Hi,
Does anyone has price list for last weekend release? (Sept/2018)

Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 2018-09-26, 08:22 PM
reens09 reens09 is offline
Senior Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 269
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by homebuyer_2017 View Post
Hi,
Does anyone has price list for last weekend release? (Sept/2018)

Thanks
It's online
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Homes at Minto Chapman Mill in Barrhaven andrewnguyen Ottawa 4 2014-01-30 11:40 AM
**NEW LISTING** Minto Manhattan Town Home - Barrhaven! S4V8 Ottawa Area Houses For Sale 0 2012-04-19 02:58 PM
Harmony by Urbandale ibayaa Ottawa 19 2010-07-06 11:58 PM
Minto Home Chapman Mills, Barrhaven - New Buyer yoursjai Ottawa 13 2009-03-23 10:10 PM
Minto Apartments in Barrhaven bigboss Ottawa 1 2008-06-20 11:45 AM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:10 AM.



Copyright © PHAND Corporation
This document may not be used elsewhere without the expressed written consent of PHAND Corporation.
*** There is no association between this website and any builder. ***

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.